What's new

Mitchells Wool Fat Love

I guess my technique improved over the years, I had a great lather and had a fantastic shave. I can see what all the hype is for!

The mineral content of your water may have also changed.

With hard water, it’s a bit of work to lather, but with soft water, it starts to lather as soon as I touch it with a damp brush... no technique needed.

Today was the day of which legends are made, for I have conquered the beast in a single slaying. Fear, I had not. Cower, hell no. Conquer, damn straight. Behold and weep for the MWF gave up the lather like the dragon breathes fire. Beast? What beast!?

IMG_3485.jpeg

And it's good soap too!

Today was the day of which legends are made, for I have conquered the beast in a single slaying. Fear, I had not. Cower, hell no. Conquer, damn straight. Behold and weep for the MWF gave up the lather like the dragon breathes fire. Beast? What beast!?

View attachment 1012474

And it's good soap too!

Well done sir!

I like to start of dry and drip water as I load until I saturate 1/3 of the brush with paste. It's slightly faster than starting wet and foamy, then working it down to a dense consistency.

I used MWF for the first time about 30 mins ago. I held out for so long only because I wanted to try other soaps more. I now feel like I did myself a disservice.

I did not find it difficult to build a lather at all. Actually, I found it easier than Noble Otter and Mike's my first time using those if I remember correctly.

I enjoyed the light, clean scent quite a bit as well. The slick performance and post shave feel of this soap are incredible. I am going to use it for the next 30 days exclusively to really learn it so I can truly appreciate this wonderful soap. But that first impression matches all the praise this soap gets.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I used Mitchell's for the first time in far too long yesterday. I had a puck/refill lurking in the drawer, but had no spare container for it, so I ordered the ceramic dish complete with soap. I know from past experience, a new puck can be a slow starter, so I let it soak in a few mm of water for a day, then flipped that softened face to the top.

It loaded and lathered effortlessly, and performed every bit as well as I remembered. It's so nice to have this to hand again. It's certainly the best soap I've used, and at a fraction of the cost of many would be challengers. I did try a sample of Wickhams soap today, which is the nearest I've found to equivalent performance, but over twice the price of The Fat, and lacking the lanolin fuelled post shave feeling.

I've now abandoned my exploration of soaps, and once I've used up my 12 month (ish) backlog of soap, I'll be sticking to a staple diet of Mitchell's for home use, Palmolive sticks for travel, and the occasional sample of something else for the sake of variety, and to remind myself that there's nothing else out there which compares.

The MWF is the first soap I ever bought and it is one of the best soaps I have used so far (artisan or mass produced). Excellent slickness, mild soapy scent that doesn't bother me for daily use, low cost per shave and it leaves my skin in a great condition after the shave. Along with Tabac and Valobra (hard puck), they are the 3 soaps I have backups of and that I am planning to use exclusively in the future.

Top Bottom