What's new

Mitchells Wool Fat Love

this may be my new favourite. Either this or tabac. I received the kent version of mwf in the mail today. I lathered it up and it almost swallowed up my silvertip brush. I honestly didn't find it all that hard to lather. Let the puck soak in a bit if water and used a damp, but not sopping wet silvertip brush. Added dops of water to thhe bowl and it exploded. The below pic is after I lathered up 3 times. It was a thirsty brew which I like!! On my sensitive skin 2 passes with a karve oc B and one with a straight yielded 0 razor burn. Great, great soap! I so prefer the hard pucks personally.

upload_2019-4-29_20-51-41.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Great soap. I only use MWF, Tabac, Haslinger and Arko. Except for the scents, the performance is very similar.

welcome to B&B, Sir Retroman!

Indeed, you've found a wet shaving classic in MWF!!

There are many more for you to discover, but enjoy MWF in the meanwhile!!

mwf-lathering-anim-dec-17-2014.gif

welcome to B&B, Sir Retroman!

Indeed, you've found a wet shaving classic in MWF!!

There are many more for you to discover, but enjoy MWF in the meanwhile!!

View attachment 976941

I love the Rooney in your pic / gif. I'm a huge Rooney fan! Have the same one.

If anyone has any additional hard soap puck recommendations I would love to hear them. I'm very interested in soaps that are big on the value scale. Tabac, MWF, What the Puck, etc. I just got a $2 puck of Williams today to try as well. Others are welcome. i will have to look up Haslinger. Are there any preferred types of Haslinger? Now I'll have more to add to my collection

I love the Rooney in your pic / gif. I'm a huge Rooney fan! Have the same one.

If anyone has any additional hard soap puck recommendations I would love to hear them. I'm very interested in soaps that are big on the value scale. Tabac, MWF, What the Puck, etc. I just got a $2 puck of Williams today to try as well. Others are welcome. i will have to look up Haslinger. Are there any preferred types of Haslinger? Now I'll have more to add to my collection

Thanks!

Other (tallow soaps) for your radar screen...
D.R Harris, any flavor.
Cella
Prehistoric Valobra Art of Shaving (available for reasonable $$)
Other Valobra soaps/sticks
(BION!) Arko!

MWF = Moody Mistress

And sadly, I have to part with the moody mistress. MBW has trouble with a lot of scents. I used it last night, and it was affecting her in the other room. It's sad to take this one out of the rotation given the up and down relationship with MWF. Fortunately, I have other great soaps with scents that she's okay with.

@BrianP
Touche! It hardly smells anything worth calling 'scent' to this smoker's nose but I do get the part of you having to decide it is time to cull the scent.
On a side note as much as I have called out MWF as moody, I never had problems to lather it except rarely when I wasn't paying attention. But I have to concede if I don't get it right the first time I have to start all over again since mid course correction doesn't work with MWF.

@BrianP
Touche! It hardly smells anything worth calling 'scent' to this smoker's nose but I do get the part of you having to decide it is time to cull the scent.
On a side note as much as I have called out MWF as moody, I never had problems to lather it except rarely when I wasn't paying attention. But I have to concede if I don't get it right the first time I have to start all over again since mid course correction doesn't work with MWF.

I find it pleasant and mild, yet persistent. You're right about the mid course correction thing. My worst shaves with MWF where when I didn't abort a bad lather build. Yesterday was a good one too.
Weirder about the scents is that I have stuff that's much "stronger" but doesn't affect her in the same way. I thought for sure that B&M Reserve Cool would be a showstopper but she went out of her way to say she liked it (she hesitates mentioning these things lest she trigger the acquisition disorder).

If allowed only one shave soap, it would be MWF. Takes slightly longer to load than everything I've tried yet the slickness and post-shave feel is the best, hands down.

Top Bottom