What's new

Mitchells Wool Fat Love

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I use mine only once per week, because, exactly as you said, there are so many good soaps available now.

I got some advice on another forum which may be a key to why it performs so well for me. When the puck is new / dry, add distilled water to the ceramic container and leave it sit until the puck absorbs the water and has expanded to fill the container. If you need to add more water / wait longer, do so. After that, use at least once per week and you're golden. I know, YMMV. But I did this and have never had a problem. But, I"ve also had problems and been unimpressed with other soaps and products others rave about.

C

Do believe this is the deal!

I fear mold if it stays wet. But if you keep using it, it is being scraped every day by the brush .... Interesting.

AA

I will echo what MaxG has said regarding hydrating your MWF puck.

I too added some water to the soap when I first got it and let it swell. It fits the ceramic dish almost perfectly now.

If I have not used MWF for a little while, and I plan on shaving with it the following day, I will sprinkle some water over the surface of the puck.

By the morning, the soap has absorbed the water and is ready to produce an excellent lather once loaded onto a good quality brush for up to 45 seconds.

I have been using this method to great effect, but as always YMMV.

This method works for me as well.

350BA7D3-7CB3-4450-BBCE-16EF98E94D83.jpeg
I’m 3017 my MWF and love it (it was my favorite soap)..but, got a Barrister & Man Reserve, and the post shave feeling it’s better.

The Fat is my #1 soap and it’s not for nothing, no need to soak or bloom the puck just a very wet brush and adding water when mixing in my bowl or adding water when face lathering. It’s one of my only shaving soap that after my shave I could backup from the sink and I can decided if I will use after shave or not(post shave is marvelous). I have great soaps in my colection but MWF is my #1, due to the fact it’s triple milled a puck could last a very long time and that’s another thing I also liked about it.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Over the last year or so, I decided to spread my wings and try a few other soaps. I didn't find anything that could compete with Mitchell's, and quite frankly I've stopped trying. Once I've used up the backlog, it'll just be Mitchell's for home and Palmolive sticks for travel.

I just had two days in a row with MWF...every time I use it, my skin looks like glass! No other soap has ever been able to achieve the closeness of MWF.
My wife is able to tell I used MWF just by looking at me!

The scent is beautiful too. I especially love the scent on my badger brush once it dries.

I don't soak/bloom/store it damp or anything else. Just open the tub, load the brush and let the soap dry out for an hour.

It's literally a magical soap!

I just had two days in a row with MWF...every time I use it, my skin looks like glass! No other soap has ever been able to achieve the closeness of MWF.
My wife is able to tell I used MWF just by looking at me!

The scent is beautiful too. I especially love the scent on my badger brush once it dries.

I don't soak/bloom/store it damp or anything else. Just open the tub, load the brush and let the soap dry out for an hour.

It's literally a magical soap!
Well said.

.2 weeks ago i got a new puck to replace the one i used up. I tried something different and actually liked it better.
when i first got it, i submerged the puck in a bowl of water for awhile (hour or two or so). This puck i have been using it as a shave stick and rub it on my head for head shaves and face for face shaves. I like what the lather turns out doing it this way. when done i throw it in a plastic screw top jar (the green one from stirling)

edit. I'm still in the camp of using it with other soaps. i rub some MWF on and then rub my SV, or what not over the top of it the neutral scent to me does not remove from the SV soaps. I love what the MWF does for my skin. I also like using it solo.

.2 weeks ago i got a new puck to replace the one i used up. I tried something different and actually liked it better.
when i first got it, i submerged the puck in a bowl of water for awhile (hour or two or so). This puck i have been using it as a shave stick and rub it on my head for head shaves and face for face shaves. I like what the lather turns out doing it this way. when done i throw it in a plastic screw top jar (the green one from stirling)

edit. I'm still in the camp of using it with other soaps. i rub some MWF on and then rub my SV, or what not over the top of it the neutral scent to me does not remove from the SV soaps. I love what the MWF does for my skin. I also like using it solo.

The way MWF leaves the skin is nothing short of marvelous!!

MWF is a phenomenon!!

The way MWF leaves the skin is nothing short of marvelous!!

MWF is a phenomenon!!

To add to my earlier post...

I have 120 soaps in rotation but for the last 5 days, I've only used MWF.

I have noticed a significant improvement in how my skin looks and feels.

It looks very healthy and nourished and feels very supple.

It's really something no other soap has ever been able to achieve.

MWF = voodoo (in a good way)

To add to my earlier post...

I have 120 soaps in rotation but for the last 5 days, I've only used MWF.

I have noticed a significant improvement in how my skin looks and feels.

It looks very healthy and nourished and feels very supple.

It's really something no other soap has ever been able to achieve.

MWF = voodoo (in a good way)
MWF is the Holy Grail

IME soaking a puck diminishes the scent strength, and slightly affects performance in a negative way. Fresh puck has pretty good scent strength and it's better to load longer rather than soak a puck.

IME soaking a puck diminishes the scent strength, and slightly affects performance in a negative way. Fresh puck has pretty good scent strength and it's better to load longer rather than soak a puck.

Absolutely!

I soaked the puck overnight once and was so disappointed the scent had weakened and I also found the performance of the soap to be impacted negatively.

Never did that again!!

Its going to be controversial, but the aroma of a freshly opened puck of MWF smelt of old ladies soap. Now the intensity has diminished a little the smell is growing on me :D

Top Bottom