What's new

Mitchell's Announces New Vegan Product Line

Bradford (UK) - Mitchell's Soap Company, a well-known local soapmaker announced the upcoming release of their new vegetable-based soap product line.

According to Sue Mitchell, company spokesperson, "In response to customer demand, we have decided to reformulate our traditional soaps to avoid any animal ingredients."

MPF-5.png

"We have many loyal older customers in the British Isles and world-wide who love our famous wool fat soaps. However, younger customers have been asking for a different type of product.

It used to be that it was enough to say our products were not tested on animals. Nowadays, young people don't want any animal ingredients anywhere near their soaps. Young people have let us know they think 'tallow is icky', 'lanolin smells awful' and 'you never really know where those sheep have been,'" Ms. Mitchell explained.

The new soaps continue the proud Mitchell's tradition. They are very gentle and are particularly soothing to sensitive skins. Again in response to customer demand, other products developed from the new recipe, such as shampoo and bath foam, have now been added to the Mitchell’s range.

Only the very highest quality ingredients, including the purest and most preservative free vegetable oils, are used in the production of Mitchell’s Soap products. None of the products are tested on animals, contain animal ingredients, or have ever been in the general vicinity of any animals.

The new products will be appearing soon in shops world-wide.

Last edited:
The vegan trend certainly seems to to have gathered momentum in the EU. Perhaps, following Brexit, the British will continue using tallow, although I have noted that many British products, especially shaving creams, already have gone the vegan route.

From a chemistry point of view, it is certainly possible to make a high quality vegan soap. However, in practice, there are very few vegan soaps that can match the performance of tallow-based soaps. However, the very best shaving soaps use a combination of animal-based fats and milk as well as seed and nut oils.

Animal fats are a byproduct of the meat-packing industry. As long as people continue to eat meat, there will be plenty of animal fats that can be used to produce soap. That cannot be said of some vegetable oils like palm oil. In South America, many virgin forests of palm trees are being cut down for the purpose of making palm oil, palm kernel oil, and other products. These palm oils are some of the most common oils used to make vegan soaps as well as cooking oil. Deforestation, in turn, is devastating the populations of the animals who depend upon the forests for habitat. Thus, in an effort to save some animals, some well meaning individuals may be contributing to the demise of other animals. It is a very complex world we live in; there are no simple answers.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I wonder if the green folks are wondering what they are going to use all the beef bones (tallow)that are produced by the thousands of tons per day world wide now. What are they going to use tallow for now. Maybe we will be limited to eating beef by jacking up the price some more. :letterk1:

I'm looking forward to this new soap. Some of the best soaps have no tallow. I wonder if they are making it in arose scent!?

I'm looking forward to this new soap. Some of the best soaps have no tallow. I wonder if they are making it in arose scent!?

If you are going to make a statement like that, you have to list the ones you have used that you feel are the best non-tallow soaps. I might want to try one of them. Also list the soaps with animal fats to which you have made comparisons.

If you try a large number of soaps, I think you will find the ones with animal fats are better overall. The only vegan soap that I have found that can compete with the very best tallow soaps is Grooming Dept Nai. In the Ruds Shaves ranking using his shave score system, there are 24 soaps rated 96 and higher. Of those, only three are vegan: Grooming Dept Nai, Zingari Man Vegan, and Siliski Soaps.

If you are going to make a statement like that, you have to list the ones you have used that you feel are the best non-tallow soaps. I might want to try one of them. Also list the soaps with animal fats to which you have made comparisons.

If you try a large number of soaps, I think you will find the ones with animal fats are better overall. The only vegan soap that I have found that can compete with the very best tallow soaps is Grooming Dept Nai. In the Ruds Shaves ranking using his shave score system, there are 24 soaps rated 96 and higher. Of those, only three are vegan: Grooming Dept Nai, Zingari Man Vegan, and Siliski Soaps.

Without joining the tallow/vegan discussion, try the Cella Aloe (Bio) cream in the tub. It is great, tallow or not.

No, I do not intend to list soaps I've used! All I said was I prefer non tallow soaps and creams, and whilst I like the current MWF, I will look forward to the new version.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
@RayClem I was a big believer in tallow being superior shave soap, until I tried SV 4.3. SV is the veggie soap that made me rethink veggie soaps (I've experienced some truly awful performing veg soaps).

@Atlantic59 Your PS skills are impressive, truly!

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Bradford (UK) - Mitchell's Soap Company, a well-known local soapmaker announced the upcoming release of their new vegetable-based soap product line.

According to Sue Mitchell, company spokesperson, "In response to customer demand, we have decided to reformulate our traditional soaps to avoid any animal ingredients."

View attachment 1334432

"We have many loyal older customers in the British Isles and world-wide who love our famous wool fat soaps. However, younger customers have been asking for a different type of product.

It used to be that it was enough to say our products were not tested on animals. Nowadays, young people don't want any animal ingredients anywhere near their soaps. Young people have let us know they think 'tallow is icky', 'lanolin smells awful' and 'you never really know where those sheep have been,'" Ms. Mitchell explained.

The new soaps continue the proud Mitchell's tradition. They are very gentle and are particularly soothing to sensitive skins. Again in response to customer demand, other products developed from the new recipe, such as shampoo and bath foam, have now been added to the Mitchell’s range.

Only the very highest quality ingredients, including the purest and most preservative free vegetable oils, are used in the production of Mitchell’s Soap products. None of the products are tested on animals, contain animal ingredients, or have ever been in the general vicinity of any animals.

The new products will be appearing soon in shops world-wide.

You made me cry :cursing:

Top Bottom