What's new

Mistura May Madness

20220529_201212-01-01.jpeg

❤️ Taj Mistura
Parker 62R
Gillette Platinum light blue
Stirling Soap Campania ❤️

Mistura May Madness is coming to an end...... but I have three mixed knot brushes now, as I've mentioned.

I want to thank you all for introducing them to me. I used the Butterscotch SOC Mistura yesterday.... the Twins are such nice brushes.

View attachment 1464250

I remember this sad feeling, back when Decemboar ended. But what did we do? We carried on a bit longer and boars are now more in rotation in my shave space than ever before! There have been some days this month that I felt sure I'd only used mixed knots from now on! But my other brushes are singing their siren song louder every morning as the month ends, lol!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I remember this sad feeling, back when Decemboar ended. But what did we do? We carried on a bit longer and boars are now more in rotation in my shave space than ever before! There have been some days this month that I felt sure I'd only used mixed knots from now on! But my other brushes are singing their siren song louder every morning as the month ends, lol!
I have 8 boar brushes drying on the window sill in our art studio/library room. I'll have them all ready for December. <eg>

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have plans for my mistura taj for the summer. Even though May is over the taj is going to busy.
Great to see all the posts here all month long! This thread inspired me to pull the trigger on the taj to add to the butterscotch.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have plans for my mistura taj for the summer. Even though May is over the taj is going to busy.
Great to see all the posts here all month long! This thread inspired me to pull the trigger on the taj to add to the butterscotch.
That’s what happened to me. And they are both working flawlessly. The only issue I have is learning how to avoid too much water right off the bat when bowl lathering. They hold more water than my synthetic brushes. I’ve been soaking them as I shower. Should I discontinue this practice? I’m already starting with more soap than usual for me and have a lot left over after 2 or 3 passes plus touch up.

I know I’ll figure it out but if anyone has suggestions, I’m all eyes. They are the first two natural fiber brushes I’ve ever used and I’ve only used them once each, hence the learning curve.

I hope this allowed, and I want the folks here to have advanced notice. I plan to sell my butterscotch Mistura in June, along with some other things I like but don't reach for as much as others. Keep an eye on the BST!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I hope this allowed, and I want the folks here to have advanced notice. I plan to sell my butterscotch Mistura in June, along with some other things I like but don't reach for as much as others. Keep an eye on the BST!
Any more hints?

I don't know how others use B&B... what I mean is their way of approaching things. The first thing I do is look at all the new posts for the day. I guess I'm assuming everyone does that but perhaps not. I always see the new BST posts right off the bat... well, if they are on the first page... if not, it might take me a while to see them as I read the other threads.

Maybe I should make that the first thing I access.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
That’s what happened to me. And they are both working flawlessly. The only issue I have is learning how to avoid too much water right off the bat when bowl lathering. They hold more water than my synthetic brushes. I’ve been soaking them as I shower. Should I discontinue this practice? I’m already starting with more soap than usual for me and have a lot left over after 2 or 3 passes plus touch up.

I know I’ll figure it out but if anyone has suggestions, I’m all eyes. They are the first two natural fiber brushes I’ve ever used and I’ve only used them once each, hence the learning curve.
I soak mine too but don’t pay that close attention as to my process of water v soap. Sometimes (seems with stirling) I get more of a paste. But it’s infrequent so I don’t sweat exactly what I’m doing. I have a pretty wide margin for error so I can enjoy the shave and not get stressed out as I have enough of that in life 😁😎🤯

I could also sell off stuff but I don’t bother. It’s more of a hassle for me. So I try to research my purchase and know I could sell it but probably never will.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Oof, my mistake I totally whiffed on Mistura May, was standing in front of the mirror and didn't have a brush in mind and thought... whoa.. haven't used that in a while. And May went by really quickly over here. The mistura is looking ripe to make an appearance though.

20220531_092653.jpg

My only mixed brush is this Omega midget. It's a great little brush. My only issue with it is that it sheds.

I've been drooling over the Semogues in this thread all month. As I'm in the Shave Trek sabbatical I can't aquire one until January. But that gives me time to try and decide whether to go with a wood, Taj, or Butterscotch.

5_31 sotd.jpg

Fat Tuesday Modern May Mistura May Madness

Yates 921-M
Personna Platinum Chrome (5)
Mitchell's Wool Fat
AP Shave Co Luxury mixed brush

Thoroughly enjoyed Mistura Madness! Like with DecemBoar, I expect now I'll see the mixed knots popping up in my daily shaves much more than before. Many thanks to @TBoner and @JAHE for getting us going!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Last one? Mistura taj. Proraso azur lime cream. Green aftershave. It feels great to have a wonderful shave and post shave feel and smell.
Goodbye May madness!
Alas I pack away my mistura and say goodbye to taj and butterscotch…..

Until June rolls around 😎

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Last one? Mistura taj. Proraso azur lime cream. Green aftershave. It feels great to have a wonderful shave and post shave feel and smell.
Goodbye May madness!
Alas I pack away my mistura and say goodbye to taj and butterscotch…..

Until June rolls around 😎
I plan on using my twin SOC Misturas throughout the year.... and they do count for December boar month... at least, they did last year. I wasn't here then but I read that whole thread. My boar brushes should all be broken in by then, as I've mentioned.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I plan on using my twin SOC Misturas throughout the year.... and they do count for December boar month... at least, they did last year. I wasn't here then but I read that whole thread. My boar brushes should all be broken in by then, as I've mentioned.
If I was forced to have one brush it would be the mistura. Theoretically I could have saved a lot of $ (if I could go back in time) but the journey getting there probably informed my opinion.
Decemboar! Ha.
I’m staying away from shark week I’ll tell you that.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
If I was forced to have one brush it would be the mistura. Theoretically I could have saved a lot of $ (if I could go back in time) but the journey getting there probably informed my opinion.
Decemboar! Ha.
I’m staying away from shark week I’ll tell you that.
I got lucky.... The brushes I have now, with one excellent exception, came from reading the threads here... taking notes.... buying carefully. I only made one mistake and it was only a $20 brush so not a big deal. The Misturas really stand out.... and Chan Eil Whiskers/Jim recommended the Zenith Manchurian so I now have my first and perhaps, only badger brush.. the M23 copper handle. I have a boar with the same exact handle and it's breaking in nicely.

I was so paranoid about brush selection. B&B to the rescue. I'm content, for which I'm grateful.

Top Bottom