What's new

Mistura May Madness

Nice shave with one of my favorite vintage Rooney Badger/Boar mix brush

Attachments

• 51922shae.jpg
    51922shae.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
Another unexpected irritating soap this morning.
:huh:

Awhile back, I was able to get small tin of Sheermonick Puur on sale. This morning was the first use. The SOC Mistura was the brush, as it fit the tub better. My Fluffy Industries 86S was on deck but it's for big boy soaps, not for stinkin' little tins!
:P
(It is made of copper fittings and the AP Luxury mixed bulb is set higher, which made a 24mm knot seem YUGE!)

The Puur lathered up to a wonderful creamy texture. I took my time getting my razor ready (I forgot to set it in the sink basin of warm water. I love the feel of a warm razor head cutting down the stubble, so I was letting it soak). I began to notice tingling on both checks. (Random thought: remember Norm from Cheers? "Hey Norm, what's shakin'?" "Four cheeks and a couple of chins!") Well, as I started shaving, other areas started tingling. And the tingling diminished as I shaved off the stubble and lather.

The decision was made to rinse off, and switch to a different soap. I also decided to switch to a different brush, a super soft high set SynBad. I was reaching for the mixed knot 86S, but then figured I should go as gently as possible, and while I love the mixed knots, they have some scrub.

In the end, a great shave and no irritation, so the goal of a Really Comfortable Shave was achieved!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Semouge taj mistura. Paired with Proraso lime azur cream. Timeless 68 0c pineapple handle. Treet black beauty (1) followed with stirling electric sheep aftershave. Azur lime edp. Overall fantastic experience. She’s breaking in and I’m using creams to enjoy the initial uses / break in time.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The madness continued today. Mistura taj. (Didn’t wait 24 hours) timeless 68 oc. Treet black beauty (2) tallow + Steel Rainforest II soap and aftershave.
Fantastic on all fronts. I forgot how great t+s is.

What kind of razor is that, @JAHE?

I have fallen behind on some of the newer DE and SE razors, and yours looks very nice.

That looks like a Mühle Rocca
@JAHE
20220523_203411-01-01-jpeg.1460726

Sorry, I had a crazy day yesterday, I should at least have mentioned the razor. My bad.

@ChriWilson is correct.

The razor pictured is a Mühle Rocca R94. It's a shaver which never fails to put a smile on my face. Effective yet smooth. It's got a responsive bladefeel as I call it. You know there is a blade cutting, but it won't bite you out of the nothing. Karve D is similar in terms of blade feel.

The Rocca is a SS razor (head is CNC machined; Mühle had issues until 2019, but nowadays the issues totally have been sold. The Rocca 94 was intruduced subsequent to 2019, so there is no risk to get a razor which has these issues even when you buy a used one).

IMHO the handle has the best grip in Mühle's lineup. There are other Rocca handles available with the same head, R95 and R96, the R95 likely being the most famous of them. It's the one with the birch bark handle.

One thing remains to be mentioned: the baseplate doesn't have lather slots, that's a thing which some dislike. I never had any issues with this feature. No extra rinsing is needed, imo.
Due to the audio feedback whilst shaving I call her my "slurping beauty " 😉

It retails for approx. 100 US - in my opinion it easily punches above this price point.

Here's an another picture:
20220502_153947-01.jpeg

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
@Frank Shaves , @JAHE

I've been looking to pickup a Rocca head if they become available, however they would assumedly be cost prohibitive compared to the full assembly given they being CNC'd. Unfortunately for me, I like both the SS and the Birch handles...

Back on topic, today's plan includes the Butterscotch Mistura :thumbup1:

Top Bottom