What's new

Mistura May Madness

IMG_20210531_203018.jpg

Last shave of MMM and it was just fabulous.

Mistura has been excellent throughout - not used any other brush since it arrived in April. New Taj resin should be here in a week or two to give butterscotch a rest.
That should keep me ticking over for a while, until I get the urge to try one of the "woodies".

I've enjoyed this MMM, and it's been cool to see everyone's fine pictures.

Stay safe all!

linty1

My wallet cries.
View attachment 1275000
Mistura May Madness 2021 is over....
... what a stunning brush the Mistura is!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

Now there is only one question left. Which brush should I choose tomorrow only? Tbh, I have absolutely no idea.

Why limit yourself to just one? Some folks use a different razor for different areas of their face, maybe brush/lather optimization is in order? A little thinner for those tricky areas? Thicker for straight aways?

Why limit yourself to just one? Some folks use a different razor for different areas of their face, maybe brush/lather optimization is in order? A little thinner for those tricky areas? Thicker for straight aways?
One brush definetely would be enough - as long as it performs as nice as the Mistura.

Last edited:
I get it now. I used my SOC badger this morning for the first time since January. I had forgotten just how much I like the feel of the brush. I can finally understand the appeal and the many accolades bestowed upon the Semogue Mistura in this thread.

After my shave this morning, I decided my rotation is too large to allow the SOC badger to come around as often as it should. I made a list of which brushes to keep and which to sell. I initially planned to keep about a dozen, but that list can probably stand to shrink a little more. That decision will likely become easier as I work through the brushes and become familiar with them again.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Mixed 70/30 I used daily during the month of May, but the SOC Finest is a different experience. I can only imagine what the bristles of the SOC badger combined with the Premium boar must be like. I may discover it for myself next year. I appreciate all of the contributions to this thread. Thank you. Be well and stay safe...

Last edited:
I missed my shave on the 31st. :crying:
But I did get 28 MMM shaves in. :cornut:
It's a simple plan. Use a mixed knot - Semogue Mistura or otherwise - for the month of May. If your Mistura, like mine, is a marvel, might as well maximize and make May a month of mad merriment. If you have multiple Misturas, mix it up, man! Make May marvelous!

Your knot may be mixed, but your results won't be.

I'm going to be using an SOC Mistura in Taj Resin and a Barbear Classico Mistura (from 2013, I believe), but truly, any mixed knot is fine. Join in if you like. Report only if you feel like it.
Many thanks for getting MMM up and running, Tim (and thank you for the thread title @JAHE). :thumbup:

It's been a fun month. :biggrin1:

Maybe we should contact semogue to make us a 26mm Mistura like brush...
And I want an 18mm. I've searched everywhere I can think of for a real Semogue website (that would give me an email address) but without any luck. :crying:

I'll definitely contact them regarding both bigger AND smaller Mistura knots if I can find an email address... or if someone can supply me with one.

And I want an 18mm. I've searched everywhere I can think of for a real Semogue website (that would give me an email address) but without any luck. :crying:

I'll definitely contact them regarding both bigger AND smaller Mistura knots if I can find an email address... or if someone can supply me with one.
I think they have a Facebook page. Might be worth a shot. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Cal
Well it's close...

Build your own 26mm Badger/Boar at Maggards. Alternatively could find your own handle to mount it in or send the knot to RV and have one built for you.

Last edited:
I think they have a Facebook page. Might be worth a shot. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I stopped using social media about seven years ago... BUT, I had a look. It would appear that Semogue haven't posted anything there for a while, but I did find an email address <[email protected]>. I've had that address for some time and have written to it/them a few times with absolutely NO RESPONSE.

Anyway, I've written again, so here's hoping. If I do get a response I'll let you know.

I stopped using social media about seven years ago... BUT, I had a look. It would appear that Semogue haven't posted anything there for a while, but I did find an email address <[email protected]>. I've had that address for some time and have written to it/them a few times with absolutely NO RESPONSE.

Anyway, I've written again, so here's hoping. If I do get a response I'll let you know.
I’m right there with you on the social media! And good stuff! Thanks for reaching out to them! This whole thread has been quite tempting, the Semogue mistura definitely made the post sabbatical shopping list!

I sent an email to [email protected] asking a question before I bought my first Mistura.

Probably not what your looking for Cal. But they did respond very quickly and they most likely have contacts with Semogue.

Worth a try.

I sent an email to [email protected] asking a question before I bought my first Mistura.

Probably not what your looking for Cal. But they did respond very quickly and they most likely have contacts with Semogue.

Worth a try.
Many thanks for the suggestion Doug, appreciated. :thumbup1:

Unfortunately, it was Portuguese Factory that gave me the email address I used originally... and still no response to the latest request. On saying that, I think I'll contact Portuguese Factory again to see if they can find out what minimum amount of brushes Semogue would consider for one-off orders. Watch this space...

Top Bottom