What's new

Mistura May Madness 2023

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've moved mine along, which is a shame since it was a great brush in many ways, but my skin just wasn't having a good time. It unfortunately rules out the SOC finest version as well, probably 2-band altogether, and is another tell that I best stick to silvertip if I want to hang with badger. I guess I can't tolerate things these days I used to be able to.
I have the SOC 2 band badger and the tips are very soft - nothing like the Mistura. It's a great face lathering brush. I also have a few SOC boar brushes and they have very soft tips, but considerably less backbone. I love them for bowl lathering.

May 23

Razor: Fatip OC Slant w/ wood handle
Blade: 7 O'clock Green (Super Stainless) (2)
Brush: Semogue SOC Mistura
Soap: Hendrix & Co. Hidden Goddess (sample)
A/S: Tuff Green splash (unscented)

DFS++

I don't use a lot of artisan shave soaps, but I had this sample kindly provided by Pasteur Pharmacy. Now, this is what I'd call a real artisan soap: unusual formula and unique scent that provides a very rich lather. It was a nice change of pace and gave me a chance to bowl lather with the Mistura.

First-time use. Scrubbier and firmer than I usually prefer, but darn if this brush didn't lather like a champ without irritation. Now I'm not sure whether to sell it or keep it, but this time it was fun.
I hope you keep using the Mistura. Like many of the Semogues, it takes quite a few cycles to really break in. Mine continues to improve with use.

20230525_091110.jpg

Prewar Tech
Omega mixed midget
Arko!
Clubman Whiskey Woods
not pictured: 7 o'clock Sharpedge

SOTD MAY 31st
May 2023 GRUME
Modern May 2023
Mistura May Madness 2023

Hello friends
Rainy day, 17°C: perfect for Tabac! I took my Green Cult 2.0 plate II and started Wizamet. It matched…Semogue SOC Mistura, wonderful as always.

To feel like I'm in Paradise, Chet Baker sings.

Rating: 9

Have a nice day and great shaves.
❤️🪒

2C2FCA2E-E161-4A41-8A83-C205D1BBBF2E.jpeg
IMG_8916.jpeg

I thought I was going to get a shave in yesterday, but it didn't work out.

A big thank you to all who participated in Mistura May Madness! I think this was the first thread that I've started, so I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom