What's new

Mistura May Madness 2023

20230501_085320.jpg

Kicking things off with the SOC Butterscotch

SOTD MAY 3rd
May 2023 GRUME
Mistura May Madness

Hello friends,

I've always shaved in the morning, but lately I'm starting to enjoy an evening shave.
Today, I resorted to the MWF, lathered extremely well by the Semogue SOC Mistura. My new best friend Green Cult 2.0 (baseplate II) with Perma-Sharp (5) gave me a deep yet smooth shave. I finished with Lilac Vegetal, the King of Cat Pee.

What a shave, friends!

With me, two geniuses: John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman.

Rating: 9

Have a nice evening and great shaves.
❤️🪒

5DD29639-5E98-464E-B27F-F7564FC3A411.jpeg
IMG_8245.jpeg

Last edited:
Don’t forget a 23 year old McCoy Tyner on Piano. You may not know this but Lush Life was a last minute add because they heard it on the car radio on the drive to the studio. But the most incredible thing is that there were no charts and the entire album was done in one take. Definitely my desert island album.

Don’t forget a 23 year old McCoy Tyner on Piano. You may not know this but Lush Life was a last minute add because they heard it on the car radio on the drive to the studio. But the most incredible thing is that there were no charts and the entire album was done in one take. Definitely my desert island album.
Thank you very much for your reply my dear friend @srgjazz. I didn't know about these very interesting observations. I loved knowing. This is also my desert island album. Today, I listened to My One and Only Love on loop all day…

Cheers!
❤️ 🪒🎵

May 4

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant + Maggard MR11 handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless (2)
Brush: Semogue SOC Mistura (cherry)
Soap: Provence Sante Green Tea
A/S: Osma alum block
A/S: Provence Sante Green Tea aftershave tonic

DFS++

The Mistura was in its element face lathering with this soap. I accidentally made way too much lather! Nice, close shave with the German 37 + Nacet combo.

Top Bottom