What's new

Mistakenly got a sample of Jack Black Beard Lube thinking it was the Supreme Cream.

So, I used it today thinking what the heck it was free. First thing I noticed the scent. Minty and eucalyptus. Real natural not chemical. Then I noticed how non-greasy it was and went right into the skin and just softened everything without being oily. It turned the Old Spice Lime into the world's best shave cream. Felt like I never shaved. I mean really felt like it. I went to Dillard's and bought a tube just hours ago. BTW Creed Aventus is going for $395. What a deal, lol!!

I concur!
I received a tube as a Christmas gift and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how well my shaves are with it, which makes me wonder why I bother with the bowl lathering mess. I am seriously thinking of just going the gel route and giving up the brushes and bowl routine.
I bought some today because as the weather gets nicer I rarely have the time for the long way. Paired with a Henson medium it was a dream shave.

Attachments

• IMG_4482.jpeg
    IMG_4482.jpeg
    774 KB · Views: 20
@SalS - did you just use the Jack Black and shave or was there some other cream or soap involved that the razor was riding through?
Just Jack Black, rinsed my face with hot water several times, put between and nickel and quarter on wet hands and applied like lotion basically a little heavier than moisturizer. With my Henson razor three days of beard just slides off. The kicker is you can use it as after shave as well. Highly recommend this “cream”. I imagine as a pre-shave it would work amazing but I just use it straight. It smells great too. It isn’t cheap but it is at least a two in one product. Apart from the excellent performance I do like seeing my beard so I don’t miss spot. A quick splash with water and gets slick again if you have to touch up.

I'll have to check it out. Target has the 6oz. tube, but there is a 16oz. bottle with pump via Jack Black direct.

I'm debating between this or the PAA Cube 2.0 on its own or under my MdC. I definitely struggle to get what I feel is adequate slickness out of my MdC even after adding loads of water.

I'll have to check it out. Target has the 6oz. tube, but there is a 16oz. bottle with pump via Jack Black direct.

I'm debating between this or the PAA Cube 2.0 on its own or under my MdC. I definitely struggle to get what I feel is adequate slickness out of my MdC even after adding loads of water.
I have used a few of these brushless technical creams and this one shaves beyond expectations. Blu Atlas makes one and so does Kiehl’s but they are more on the traditional cream side. I honestly think you will wonder why you use a brush and soap after using this product.

Despite a discounted price via Pastuer's, I decided to not buy the Jack Black and instead get a tub of Ariana & Evans St. Bart's soap.

There have been some reports of clean-up issues with Jack Black and spending several dollars on a tube just didn't sit well with me. I'll eventually sample it as soon as I'm at one of their local dealers.

Top Bottom