What's new

Missouri Meet up?

I’ve been interested in meeting up with some forum members to share experience in honing, collecting, ADs, and just to get to know some of the guys on the forum. Thoughts and discussion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is a brilliant idea, and I would be gungho for it if I weren't overseas. Perhaps late-2018 would be a proper time to meet up.
I just started DE shaving and had my first proper (Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood and Lather&Wood Sandalwood Balm) shave.

This sounds great. I had thoughts of organizing one myself (on a different forum) but with the birth of a child and a new job I just did not have the time in the end. That being said I would be delighted to help out and do my part.
I'm in Kansas City so I'm not sure where you were thinking of having this at...

Well, @Butzy @TheVez2 @PBHB

I live in Camdenton, it’s kind of in the middle of the state. We have a bunch of nice accommodations here at the Lake of the Ozarks. I am the Bar Manager at our local Knights of Columbus Hall, I’d be happy to host a get together there. We’d have plenty of room to spread out and an open bar if anyone would like a drink.

Well, I don’t think we could come up with a better option if we tried! I’m definitely interested if anyone else is too

Camdenton is about 2 hours away from me. I might be able to make it though.

I also have full access to the VFW hall in Knob Noster. Plenty of room, and the bar is available.

We’ve never really found a good place in Kansas City, other than a restaurant. I’m open to suggestions!

Sent from the Spider Phone

Yeah, unfortunately around Kansas City you're going to pay out the nose for a decent place just to hold a small gathering uninterrupted. We could find somewhere when it warms up outside like a pavilion in a state park, but we're still looking at around $300 for an afternoon. I am happy to make the trip elsewhere if there's a place to go! And like I said, happy to come early/stay late to help set up/tear down. This would be my first meetup

Camdenton is about 2 hours away from me. I might be able to make it though.

I also have full access to the VFW hall in Knob Noster. Plenty of room, and the bar is available.

We’ve never really found a good place in Kansas City, other than a restaurant. I’m open to suggestions!

I say we keep all options open, I don’t mind traveling. It’s awesome we have two free options available to us! Now if we can only get some more guys to join us!

This will be my first get together as well. I’m mostly interested in meeting other guys that like wet shaving. Also, I hope someone would like to put on a honing clinic on wedges and smiling blades. I’m doing ok on my own, but I’m always looking for pointers!

Has anything developed with a Missouri meet up? I've gone to meet ups on other forums & they're a great way to meet others. I'm new to B&B, in the KC area.

Has anything developed with a Missouri meet up? I've gone to meet ups on other forums & they're a great way to meet others. I'm new to B&B, in the KC area.

We are definitely thinking about it. I’d like to do something late spring/early summer. I just need someone who actually lives in/near KC to find a place to have it.

I see from another thread you had a meet up a couple of years ago at Side Pockets in Lee’s Summit. It looks like it worked out pretty well. Would that be a good location for another meet up? Would you like me to contact them and get details? Its a big place so I imagine we tell them we’re coming on a certain day & just show up. How many from the KC area might show up? Is Knob Noster a better location for mid Missouri folks?

I'll see if I can find somewhere besides Side Pockets. If anyone has any suggestions for places, please let me know, or feel free to contact them.

I’m open to all options, I’ll go most anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/

I live in Camdenton, it’s kind of in the middle of the state. We have a bunch of nice accommodations here at the Lake of the Ozarks. I am the Bar Manager at our local Knights of Columbus Hall, I’d be happy to host a get together there. We’d have plenty of room to spread out and an open bar if anyone would like a drink.

Camdenton! Small world, I live in Camdenton too. Even smaller world, I am also a knight, although it has been a long time since I have been to a meeting. I will make it a point to go to the next meeting. I assume you will be there if you are the bar manager.

Camdenton! Small world, I live in Camdenton too. Even smaller world, I am also a knight, although it has been a long time since I have been to a meeting. I will make it a point to go to the next meeting. I assume you will be there if you are the bar manager.

I just saw this post, as I’ve been away from the computer most of the week. That’s Crazy! Yes sir, I’ll be there. Again, what a small world!

Top Bottom