What's new

Missing my little buddy

Two weeks ago we had to say goodbye to my little guy, Carson. We knew hypercalcemia that he had would eventually get him, but it claimed him sooner than we thought.

He chose me. When we visited the shelter, he came up to me, and has been my constant companion since that day in 2010.

My wife and I gave him the best we could, and miss him very much.

Thanks for your understanding.
proxy.php

Eric; M, Karve Diem, BOSC

I am so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful cat. Animals play such a vital role in our lives. Thank you for rescuing an animal that might have otherwise suffered.

He reminds me of a female tabby we had a number of years ago who slept on my pillow every night curled up around my head. My hair was thinning so she kept my head warm all night.

Our oldest cat now is about 12, but she has some health issues, so we do not know how much longer she might be with us. But as they say, it is better to have loved and lost that never to have loved at all. That applies just as much to pets as it does to people.

Beautiful cat. I've had many dogs and cats through the years and all of them were difficult to part with, but my German Shepherd, Simi, has a special part in my heart. She was my faithful companion.

Animals are great they treat us the same no matter what's happening. Sorry to hear about that Eric.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Hey, Brother. Very sorry to hear about Carson. He looked like a great cat. Glad you could give him a great life. Just lost my dog of 13 years. I share in your grief.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

We lost three of our cats in a span of 13 months, so you have our deepest condolences. It's funny how cats choose their staff isn't it? We recently went to our local shelter to look at a new addition. Our hoped for feline was still a very reluctant and anxious cat. But another cat that had literally come into the shelter a few days before simply walked over to us and began head-butting our daughter. As soon as we looked down, Percy jumped into our lives. I hope that some of Carson's karma will rub off on a new cat somewhere down the line, and you will be chosen by another furry friend.

They are not meant to be our life-long friends, we are meant to be theirs. You were that.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I share your grief. He was a beautiful looking cat. Very photogenic. I’m sorry for your loss.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Very sorry for your loss. Carson was a handsome boy, and you both were lucky to have found each other. Rest in peace Carson.

Thanks for all the comments, I truly appreciate them. They all helped me. Thank you for the comfort and support, and for the insights and perspectives given.

Eric; M, Karve Diem, BOSC

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Carson will always be in your thoughts. It is funny how sometimes they choose you.

We have a Calico that when the wife opened the front door one night when it was pouring down rain said "There is a strange cat out there." She opened the storm door and an about 12 week kitten, that was soaking wet, bolted in, jumped up on the chair I was sitting in, and got on the headrest of the chair above my head. She has been here for about four years now.

Carson will be remembered forever. So sad for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. Our furry guys sure get attached to our hearts. Sounds like you treasured him and he knows it. We lost our cat last year. It's heartbreaking and painful as hell, but in time the memories will bring you comfort.

I'm on my third moggie now and I still miss the previous two. All were second hand (owners moved somewhere they couldn't take them) or rescued and all great cats.

Never had on from a kitten so no housetraining problems! The previous two had several years of good living before they went.

Current one was called Millie by the cat rescue place and she'd been through the wars before I took her in. Half her tail missing and one of her long front top teeth gone as well! Very friendly cat.

I will miss her one day too.

Sorry for your loss. After a break, rescue another. You will want to.

Gareth

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Though Carson can never be replaced - never, and I know - consider, if possible, another needy cat.

They give us so much, in return for little.

What else matters but love?

AA

A good looking guy. My condolences for the loss of your family member.

Though Carson can never be replaced - never, and I know - consider, if possible, another needy cat.

They give us so much, in return for little.

What else matters but love?

AA

Well said. It can make the bond that much more special. A sad smile when you think of the difficulties they faced in their past, now broadened at the thought of how both of your lives have been encircled by unyielding mutual companionship. They truly are too good for us humans.

My condolences, Eric. In this picture Carson reminds me a lot of a cat I took from the streets many years ago. For two weeks he kept coming to my door every day when I was leaving to work and was waiting when I was arriving back home. One day I opened the door and told him "Come on, get in", he climbed the stairs at light speed, since then he was a lovely friend for years. When he finally passed away I thought that, at least, he was loved and cared for the many years I enjoyed his company, my only regret was not letting him in earlier than I did.
Those lovely animals are able to make crop up things inside us beyond belief, so I feel your pain.

Top Bottom