What's new

Missing members..

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Where is Waldo?
You are NOT going to believe what I'm reading....
IMG_20211120_224636377~2.jpg
True story doggone!

Greetings from the elusive and missing, Mendel.

I am alive and well.

Here's what I've been up to:

From 2014-2018, I was entrenched working on my doctorate at the University of New England. Yes, I did earn the title of "Dr." In 2019, I unfortunately suffered a major heart attack requiring the need for a stent. Scary, scary stuff. I had finished mowing the lawn and then BOOM ...major chest and jaw pain. In 2020, I earned a new teaching position at another university. We sold our previous home of 24 years and moved into an apartment while our new home was being built in a 55+ community. Moving once is bad enough. Moving twice in the same year is horrible. I never want to move again.

As far as my shaving stuff, I seldom use my vintage Gillette double edge razors. My "go to" double edge razors are my Weber and my SS One Edwin Jagger. My two favorite blades are Kai and Gillette Silver Blue. I no longer have many shave soaps and creams - I have a newfound love affair with Tabac. I still enjoy my Castle Forbes Lime shaving cream. But most of the time, I use my Proraso Sensitive Skin Shave Soap. Finally, my two favorite brushes are my synthetic Edwin Jagger and Silvertip Badger Rooney.

Unfortunately, my interest in fountain pens has waned. I still like what I own, but I haven't added any new fountain pens in many years. However, my favorite fountain pen inks are by Monteverde. As you know, they are more of a wet ink with lubricating properties.

Our current menagerie of long-haired dachshunds are Gilligan (9), Bahama (11), and Gidget (6). Our current cat is, Laela (9). Our previous dachshunds (Mendel, Maddie, Katie, and Walter) have crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge. Our Siamese cat Mulan passed away at the age of 19. We adopted Laela three years ago.

My time on B & B has always been wonderful. I'm glad I've been somewhat missed by many of my B & B brethren. I would love to hear from you as well.

Regards,

Mendel

Woohoo @Mendel has returned.

Glad to hear from you and glad you are doing well. Sorry to hear about the passing of a few of your animal loved ones. We lost Rita a few years ago during my B&B absence. She was a regular in my BBQ, Smoked meat and canoe pics. We added a new 4 legged member as well, Martha (a rescue dog).

Sounds like you have been busy and enjoying life. Which is all we can hope for when members aren't seen or heard from in a while.

Top Bottom