What's new

Missed out on this Aristocrat

I eyed THIS yesterday with a still low price, and only closing in a few hours. I sent the seller a message asking if I could pick it up from him personally as he lives just north of Detroit, and obviously with no X-Border shipping to deal with, I could pay more for the razor..

I checked when I got home and sure enough, he said no problem. 2 hours left on the auction. So I went to let the dogs in as it was starting to rain, and CCCCCCCCRRRRRAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKK, lightning hit a pole just down the road, sending a Transformer into Electrical Heaven in a beautiful and impressive shower of sparks. Only thing now, is the power went out and didn't come back on 'till about 8:00 pm.

AAAAAAARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.:cursing:

Personally, I think the buyer got a hell of a deal. What say ye??

Yes, I'd say the buyer got a good deal. However, there are plenty of 1940s/50s US Aristocrats for sale out there. You should be able to pick one up for not much more than that. Getting a razor is cool, but the hunt is so much more fun. :biggrin:

Yes, I'd say the buyer got a good deal. However, there are plenty of 1940s/50s US Aristocrats for sale out there. You should be able to pick one up for not much more than that. Getting a razor is cool, but the hunt is so much more fun. :biggrin:

Yeah, the getting is the anticlimax. Once the deal is closed it is on to the next.

Jimmy

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Some pretty nasty weather over here too this evening....and I dont have a surge protector....but luckily no thunder & lightening....so it didn't stop me from sniping a beautiful Gillette Tech out of the blue with only 3 seconds to go in the auction.... :biggrin:

But yes, always an idea to check the weather forecast before making a bid on ebay......:biggrin:

Jim,

That's a shame. And a decent price regardless. But, with that picture you never know. There is a good chance the plating was worn away on the doors. Maybe not, but you never know.

-Mo

You should have gotten your snipe in days before it ended. Anyway, there will be many more of those in that condition or better for sale on Ebay.

You should have gotten your snipe in days before it ended. Anyway, there will be many more of those in that condition or better for sale on Ebay.

Only saw it yesterday, or I would have had the bid in. I didn't bid earlier 'cause I was waiting for a reply from the seller.

It seems to me that the Aristocrat pricing has dropped a little from where it was a month or 2 ago - all the money chasing the Brits now. YMMV though

V

VR6ofpain

Another one that ended for $27, with box and blades!

Item number: 260129713697

proxy.php

I'm always suspicious of the Aristocrats that don't show a clear and in-focus photo of the top. Lots of them seem to have bad wear of the plating there.

V

VR6ofpain

I'm always suspicious of the Aristocrats that don't show a clear and in-focus photo of the top. Lots of them seem to have bad wear of the plating there.
What do you think, do you see wear? I kind of see something in the upper right...not sure what it is:

proxy.php

V

VR6ofpain

Ya I scored one that looked like it might be a good one. Picked it up for $20:

proxy.php

Top Bottom