What's new

Misheard song Lyrics

1626830817471.png

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
And he likes to wear his diamond rings to punch everybody’s nose.

Jim Croce
Bad Bad Leroy Brown

Never could stand the Bee Gees in general and in particular that song. Singapore taxis always have the radio on and the local stations play it all the time. Arrgghhh! And what does "more than a woman" actually mean? That she's a bloke??

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Is it just me or how any one else thought smoky Robinson sings "just like Poly Archer does" in tears of a clown?

Looked it up and its actually "Just like Pagliacci did"

Easy mistake to make 😁😁😁

Or for those who have that weird Clown phobia...

Like the fear of a Clown,
When there's no one around...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
And there's a woman in the kitchen
Cleanin' up the evenin' slop
And he looks at her and says hey darlin'
I can remember when you could
Stop a clock

Until yesterday (when I finally looked up the lyrics) I heard “I can remember when you cooked sauerkraut”. I knew that wasn’t right, but never bothered to find out.

Brenda Lee "... and have some pie". It says far too much about me that it's one of my favourite things about Christmas time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang on, Stupid
Stupid, Hang on

In high school, I had a date with this girl and we were in her parents' house, listening to the radio. Her parents made fun of this song.

I don't remember the band, but the lyrics were
Hang on, Sloopy
Sloopy, Hang on

Hang on, Stupid
Stupid, Hang on

In high school, I had a date with this girl and we were in her parents' house, listening to the radio. Her parents made fun of this song.

I don't remember the band, but the lyrics were
Hang on, Sloopy
Sloopy, Hang on
Which was often misheard as Hang On Snoopy! I think the famous version was The McCoys, although other bands did it too.

Top Bottom