My elbows leak
Staff member
And the last known survivor stocks his bread in the night

Survivor
Eye of the Tiger

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Eddie Vedder told a story at a Pearl Jam concert that when he and Mike Mcready first met, Mike swore the lyrics to the Kiss song was., "I wanna rock n roll all night, and part of every day". Haha
Pearl Jam “Yellow Ledbetter.” Even Vedder has has joked about the lyrics being hard to understand. Even though I know the lyrics every time I hear the song I hear him singing something different. It doesn’t help that he frequently changes the lyrics during live shows.

My wife thought the phase “we like sheep” in the Messiah was the great white sheep and then said she didn’t remember any great white sheep in Xmas.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Pearl Jam “Yellow Ledbetter.” Even Vedder has has joked about the lyrics being hard to understand. Even though I know the lyrics every time I hear the song I hear him singing something different. It doesn’t help that he frequently changes the lyrics during live shows.
Sometimes I wonder if Eddie actually intented his lyrics to be misheard, or at least infused with alternate interpretations depending how he mumbles... er... sings them. "Everything has chains" sounds like "Everything has changed, absolutely nothing's changed" in "Corduroy". I kind of like it the second way; it seems to be a more profound statement in that over-earnest 90's sort of way. And because that's how I heard the song for 20 years before I bothered looking up the lyrics on the internet.

"My anus is the centerhole"
Centerfold, J. Geils Band

"She's So Popular"
Games Without Frontiers, Peter Gabriel (in my defense, I found out that line was in French)

"Bring me an iron lung"
Higher Love, Steve Winwood

"And I've made up my mind, I'm eatin' my baby. Gonna eat my baby."
Papa Don't Preach, Cyndi Lauper

"And quiche lorraine forever and ever."
Messiah, GF Handel

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Sometimes I wonder if Eddie actually intented his lyrics to be misheard, or at least infused with alternate interpretations depending how he mumbles... er... sings them. "Everything has chains" sounds like "Everything has changed, absolutely nothing's changed" in "Corduroy". I kind of like it the second way; it seems to be a more profound statement in that over-earnest 90's sort of way. And because that's how I heard the song for 20 years before I bothered looking up the lyrics on the internet.
I think it was more of a “grunge” style of singing. All of those late 80’s early 90’s grunge bands have at least a few tracks that make you go what did he just say? Or maybe it was the drugs and alcohol. I saw quite a few of these bands come through Austin in the early/mid 90s and I can’t really remember any of them singing very coherently during the shows. Then again the entire shows are a little hazy, so maybe I’m the only one that couldn’t understand them. :lol:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
But I'm ready yes I'm ready for you
I'm standing on my LTD

LTD is actually “my own two feet”. Another One Bites the Dust. I could stand on my 1978 LTD and never dent the sheet metal.

Eben Stone

Staff member
I must admit my Spanish is terrible, but when I was a kid I always though it was intentionally Spanish and English...

You stole my dinero.

Los Lobos
La Bamba

Last edited:
Top Bottom