What's new

Minora blades how are they?

The yellow Stainless blades are just OK IMO. They vary from bad to pretty good depending on which razor I use. Nothing special.

I haven’t tried the Platinum blades but they are very highly regarded around here.

The discontinued platinums are awesome.

The yellow stainless are meh. Kind of feels like a Russian green 7oc or a silver blue. I’m not going to buy any more.

I tried my first Minora stainless this morning. Maybe it was the Barbasol 1919 I used, but it wasn't great. Got some irritation and the shave just didn't feel good. Several hours later, my face is feeling very prickly.

The Gillette Minora Stainless made from Russia St Petersburg factory is supposed to be the same brand as the old Gillette Stainless (red & white) pack are only made for the Middle East and African market.

The old Gillette Stainless (red & white) pack is no longer available in production anymore, they’re supposed to be the same as rebranded to the latest Gillette Minora Stainless in production from Russia directly and only for the Middle East and African market.

Tried both the Minora Platinum (purple), and the Stainless (yellow).
Much prefer the plain Stainless Minora...bought 100, tried them, liked the shave, bought 200 more.
Used in Gillette SA LH (Black Beauty 109), stainless Timeless .95 OC, and Blackbird SB and OC so far. Using Stirling soaps mainly too.
Haven't had a bad shave yet, and it's the first time I bothered buying more than 100 blades at a time.
Smooth, long lasting...they suit me well.

Top Bottom