What's new

Minimum material size to make scales and parts sources

Hi,
Whats the minimum materal dimensions needed to make scales for a Dovo 5/8 classic and where is a good place to get pins and washers?

Thanks so much!

A general guide ( depending on material) is 1” x 6” x 1/8. That should provide about material for a scale.
Pins and washers for just one or two razors can be had at nearly any RC car/plane hobby shop.
Bulk quantities it’s microfasteners. A company in Easton Pa. Also a variety of sizes too.
Pins are just cut from 1/16” rods. Or if you want I could just send you some to do a razor or two.

Legion

Staff member
Also, for the pins, if you want to save a few bucks, 1.6mm brass welding rod is pretty much the same as 1/16" hobby store bar stock, but heaps cheaper. I bought 10x 250mm rods for under $2US.

A general guide ( depending on material) is 1” x 6” x 1/8. That should provide about material for a scale.
Pins and washers for just one or two razors can be had at nearly any RC car/plane hobby shop.
Bulk quantities it’s microfasteners. A company in Easton Pa. Also a variety of sizes too.
Pins are just cut from 1/16” rods. Or if you want I could just send you some to do a razor or two.
If you want to send me some that would be great I will PM you

Top Bottom