What's new

Ming-Shi Razor

Has anyone ever bought/used one of these? Could be sold under a variety of different name (very common with Chinese). I was going to take a chance as it is being sold for around 9.00 USD. It says marked down from 34.00 USD but who really knows :). I prefer adjustables but not sure how reliable the adjustment mechanism would be.
Razor3.JPG
Razor2.JPG
Razor1.JPG

It’s a decent razor for the price point. Doesn’t feel too aggressive even on the higher settings. It has a huge safety bar that makes it for a mild shave. The blade alignment is pretty decent when loading it.

Big clunky pot metal head & I've read there are no click stops for the adjustment settings. Better to save your pennies & get a 'real' razor: Slim, Super Adjustable, Black Beauty or even a 195.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I would give one a go. I have read some good reviews but like all things made in that area, Quality Control can be pretty indiscriminate. Some have said that the razors work well and others have said that they have trouble with blade alignment. What have you got to lose but a few dollars. You might just get a really good one. If you pull the pin on one then keeps us informed of what turns up, and how it shaves.

Big clunky pot metal head & I've read there are no click stops for the adjustment settings. Better to save your pennies & get a 'real' razor: Slim, Super Adjustable, Black Beauty or even a 195.

Oh I already have all those even some Fatboys :). I was just curious more than anything.

I bought one for giggles. Seems worth the price. My razor blade gap is aligned and not wonkey. Definitely adjusts and shaves ok. Will it last for any length of time? Don't know but I could get by with it for as long as it will last? The question is What did I possibly expect for $9.00? And, that's why I wanted to get one.

I use it as my travel razor. Nice and smooth. Not my best but certainly not my worst. If you search this site, you will find out a lot about them. QC isn’t greatest but fixes are easy. Nice finish. Very good on upper lip and chin.

I've been using the Ming Shi 2000s for over a year. It was my first and still my only safety razor. I'd really like to try something new but have no idea what would be comparable and/or whether I should start experimenting with a slant or straight razor. Any suggestions? I really don't want to go from a 2000s to a 3000s.

For me this particular model was useless.....not to mention the head is crooked at settings above 5. The Futur cheap copy is good.....

Top Bottom