What's new

MING Shi 3000S PIF

Ever wanted to try the MING Shi 3000S? I am going to PIF one that I bought a year ago and finally got around to trying today. It was actually ok... not a Fatboy but worth 10 to 15 bucks (I am mostly straight razor shaving now). The PIF is listed on Buy-Sale-Trade under "A Real Bunch of Worthless Junk". You will have to read down the comments a bit to get to the PIF.

I got one when they first came out. Still use it as a travel razor and if my Rex wasn’t already in my office as the, I’m late for work and I’ll shave when I get there razor, it would be on the shelf. It is my mildest adjustable but I’ll tell you, gives a very good shave cranked all the way up. Smoother up at the top setting and more efficient than some of my much more expensive offerings. One of the best chin and lip shavers in my rotation.

Some have to have the baseplate rotated like mine as it wasn’t lined up right at the factory. Not hard to do, but can’t remember exactly how to do it now.

There are YouTube videos how to disassemble a merkur futur which was the original. I have qshave version and if you have a good one it is a very nice shaver especially for the money asked which is 15% of the original merkur.

There are YouTube videos how to disassemble a merkur futur which was the original. I have qshave version and if you have a good one it is a very nice shaver especially for the money asked which is 15% of the original merkur.

The 3000S isn’t the Futur clone. It is more like if a WEISHI (Handle/silo doors), Merkur Futur (baseplate) and Gillette Red Dot (Blade tray/adjustment knob) had a very ugly Frankenrazor adjustable baby. Don’t let that discourage you, it shaves pretty good.

The 3000S isn’t the Futur clone. It is more like if a WEISHI (Handle/silo doors), Merkur Futur (baseplate) and Gillette Red Dot (Blade tray/adjustment knob) had a very ugly Frankenrazor adjustable baby. Don’t let that discourage you, it shaves pretty good.
Jap the futur clone is the 2000s (hence the mistake). though wished they had a bit more structure in the knurling of that 2000.

Top Bottom