What's new

Mind-blowing soaps, croaps, creams that aren't being talked about?

I see a lot of love for the regular line of products from Proraso but I don’t see their single blade line mentioned much considering how good it is. I really like their wood and spice

Palmira is another great product I don’t see mentioned here too often which is a shame. I consider it to easily be equal to Cella in terms of scent, quality and performance

I’ve been enjoying Kali Flower soap lately - a small soap maker in Sweden - especially the Tjära (pine tar) scent. It’s not one of those heavily fatted artisan soaps but it does make my skin feel nice, and slickness is ok, nothing special, but it makes a very pleasing and easy, creamy lather and the scent is great. For me it’s a winner. Kali Flower sells via their own website.

I’ve been enjoying Kali Flower soap lately - a small soap maker in Sweden - especially the Tjära (pine tar) scent. It’s not one of those heavily fatted artisan soaps but it does make my skin feel nice, and slickness is ok, nothing special, but it makes a very pleasing and easy, creamy lather and the scent is great. For me it’s a winner. Kali Flower sells via their own website.
I think Brah Kholi is another soap from Sweden.

I've been trying out "Hello" by CBL and it is one of the best I've used. Lathers very quickly, thick and creamy, and is very slick. I usually like a tallow soap, but this vegan soap rivals the best of them.

I could maybe think of a few but due to inactivity here not sure what has been posted in recent times. I thought Crowne & Crane compared favourably against other soaps I have. I'm hoping Stone Field gets more in as they seem to have a lot scents nowadays.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Saw Macduffs mentioned here and I just recently tried out Birch + Root, with a distinctive root beer scent profile. I’ve never been a fan of the beverage, but really enjoy the soap. It mellows once lathered and has a lot of good stuff going on. My wife commented after my shave (rare) and thought I smelled nice, although she couldn’t nail down the scent.

This isn’t quite what you are asking for but I have grown a bit tired of artisan shave soaps, the heavy, gloopy lather many of them generate, the amount of water you need to spend ten minutes adding and whipping, and all the skincare ingredients they are so unnecessarily loaded with. They may look clever in YouTube videos and give you something to talk about on shaving forums, but I am finding them tiresome to use. Also the density and stickiness isn’t ideal with straight or barber razors that I’m using sometimes now.

So lately I’ve been enjoying shaving soap that is like shaving soap. In particular, I am enjoying Via Barberia soap by Omega (the Herbae version is my favourite). It‘s a really nice and easy soap to use, quick to work with, and the scent is very pleasant and light. I just keep going back to it. La Toja shave sticks are also very nice and quite similar in behaviour and scent style.

I don’t really see people talking about the Via Barberia soaps, so that’s why I raise it here. But I felt I needed to explain so nobody buys it expecting a creamy, dense artisan style soap.

May I ask what soaps require 10 minutes to whip up lather? I have soaps from many artisans and have never spent more then 45 seconds to a minute max to create good lather.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I miss Mickey Lee Soapworks and wish someone would comment on thier history, sadly no longer in business
Superb all areas including intoxicating scents
1 tub and 2.5 bottles Kraken left
Half bottle bella suds splash and half tub soap left

One boltle The Drunken Goat
MLS is truly gold good stuff
Royal elixir
😀

View attachment 1489023

Not sure if you've seen threads on a replacement for The Kraken, but Zingari Man The Wanderer has a very similar scent profile.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
A few soaps that rarely get mentioned are Ach Brito Lavanda and Razorock line from Italian barber.
Lavanda cream :thumbup:(Lavender with some mint & herbs)by Ach Brito has been around for a long time and comes from Portugal.
Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore is a nice Vanilla light green tobacco and the soap is very enjoyable:001_tt1: aftershave is slightly different. :thumbup:
Razorock "The Dead Sea" very unique scent in the soap & aftershave.:001_wub:
Razorock XXX(regular) & Fresco XXX(more a cream with light menthol) nice unique clean scent when dried down and one of favorites. :001_wub:
SOTD Septemper 27 2022.jpg SOTD October 12 2022.jpg SOTD August 4 2022.jpg

SOTD July 23 2022.jpg SOTD August 30 2022.jpg
Have some great shaves!

It took 41 posts for someone to mention one of my top artisans.

Løthur Grooming! Phenomenal base and the V2 splashes are outstanding performers. I believe as far as scents there is something for everyone.

I put Løthur Grooming just a hair ahead of my other favorite, ETHOS Grooming simply because of the more approachable price. I have also recently acquired a Grooming Dept kairos base soap and that had rounded out my top 3.

It took 41 posts for someone to mention one of my top artisans.

Løthur Grooming! Phenomenal base and the V2 splashes are outstanding performers. I believe as far as scents there is something for everyone.

I put Løthur Grooming just a hair ahead of my other favorite, ETHOS Grooming simply because of the more approachable price. I have also recently acquired a Grooming Dept kairos base soap and that had rounded out my top 3.

I would consider Løthur, but they put silicon in their soap! Why would anybody do that. That's a crutch ingredient in €4 or less products.

Top Bottom