What's new

Milord vs.Tech vs. Super Speed, which is less aggressive?

Gents,
I'm looking at buying some vintage razors, but don't know how these 3 would go up the scale from least aggressive to most aggressive. Any information would help me out, thanks..........:001_smile
Ken from Denver

Yes, the Milord and SS are a little heavier. Really, I think the only difference between the Milord and SS is that the Milord is gold. It's been a while since I used a Milord. Personally, the 40's SS is one of my favorite razors. The Tech is nice, but I don't use it any more. However, you can probably find a nice Tech for a much better price.

What price ranges would you be looking at for these razors. I'm viewing a couple on eBay, and they are in the original boxes, and are either unused or in excellent shape. Both have no date codes, so should be from early-mid 40's

Ah. Well unused SS can fetch quite a high price. You should be able to get a nice used one for around $15-$20. If you want to clean it up yourself, less. I Milord will go for more because they're more rare. The Tech can be had for under $10.

What price ranges would you be looking at for these razors. I'm viewing a couple on eBay, and they are in the original boxes, and are either unused or in excellent shape. Both have no date codes, so should be from early-mid 40's

Ken,

It pays to keep your eye out for razors being sold on B&B. I think the asking prices are better than you may end up paying on eBay, and you are much more likely to get an accurate description of age and condition. I paid approx $25 for a 50's SS on eBay, which is more than would be asked for here, unless it's unused w/box. Do some research to find out what razor(s) your want and check in often. Good luck.

jim

John, I thought the SS came out in '47and ran until 1974. So if his razor is a B2, wouldn't that make is a 1956 model. Any way thats what I come up with using the geocities site. Let me know if I am wrong, still trying to figure all this out.

The razor I am referring to looks exactly like the center one in Barborsa's photo in his FS post.

Then it is a SuperSpeed. Actually, all three on the left are. The one in the middle it one of the late fifties, early sixties ones. I think the lack of horizontal lines on the TTO knob indicates later, rather than earlier.

-Mo

Top Bottom