Razor: Henckels SR
Blade: none
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Stirling One

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling One

The Process-
Nice late morning shave today and I dig these shaves. Today I am breaking out a soap/AS set that is unobtainium. That’s a real shame because it’s a great scent. I went with a 20 second load time and a wet brush. This whipped up a really nice lather.

I went with 20 laps on linen and 40 on leather with this pass around strop. That’s right, I’m not stropless today ... huh. I used my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. I found I had my brush too wet and I really had my lather thinned out by the third pass. No worries, the soap didn’t break and it was slick as ever. The scent held through the entire shave and I am BBS for the win! Had a tiny bit left for a thin post shave lather as well.

I wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Man ... I dig this scent. I may try going back to my pre-Rona days and use a soap/AS for a work week of shaves, with weekends open to whatever. We’ll see how that goes. The pass around strop will be sent to the next participant on Monday. I’ll miss that strop, but glad I was able to try it. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 453 SE: 9 SR: 598)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Feather (7)
Brush: Knothead Boar

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Process-
Late morning shave today because ... reasons. Ok, so I was enjoying my sleep way too much ... but I was at work on time. That and I still got in my shave. I had to grab the DE to take care of business, so I was stropless again and it was so liberating. JK, not really. It was kinda a bummer, because I wanted to use the pass around strop one more time before I shipped it off. But it was not to be and it is in the mail now.

In spite of that traumatic experience, I am clean shaved and smelling awesome. Life is good!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I think the so-called “plain” strops are $50USD, $60USD shipped in USA, so one could use the savings to purchase diphenhydramine (Benadryl) pills and mix them with alcoholic beverages for dizziness on demand.

2296A838-C107-4EF0-92D1-D49CD4EF72F1.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 453 SE: 9 SR: 600)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Plain Vanilla
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Torrey SR

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Process-
This has been my setup for the last two days. I will be trying to finish this work week with the same setup without getting bored. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 453 SE: 9 SR: 601)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Process-
Not much to report on today, same setup and another great shave. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 453 SE: 9 SR: 602)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

BD8F219B-99EB-4255-B18B-35BEBF8B673B.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 453 SE: 9 SR: 603)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Reynolds SR
Brush: RR 400 Synth
Soap: A&E Grecian Horse

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Proraso Red

The Process-
So today I am trying to mimic the infamous @fluffy. He was kind enough to send me a sample of A&E Grecian Horse to check out. I have not tried a soap from this vendor and the scent notes sounded nice. So with that, here we go. I don’t typically bowl lather, but I will to try a sample. I also don’t typically use a synth, but Fluffy uses the longer handles. I really just needed to make sure I like the ergonomics. I will yank out the synth and put a boar in it.

I started with a small sample in the bowl and began working on the lather, throwing in water as I got to it. The scent is nice and I think it would work well in an office environment. It took a good amount of water and whipped up nicely. I did a bit of scrubbing and painting on the face.

20 laps on cotton and 40 on leather to get me going. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a very nice shave! The scent when lathered is nice and not in your face. I did lose it off and on during the shave. The lather was also lighter than I was expecting, but I think that’s due to the bowl thing. Three easy peasy passes and I am BBS for the win! Man, that stuff is slick with nice residual slickness as well. I also had enough for a post shave lather while I cleaned my shave gear.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. A splash of the Proraso Red AS (again copying Fluffy) and everything was right as rain! I wasn’t sure about the Proraso since I lean towards matching sets, but this combo worked well. Nice call Fluffy! That was a very nice shave and I could see adding this set to my rotation once I have thinned things down a bit. Life is good!

59406AD9-39D4-4983-B59E-58D2872C6EA3.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 453 SE: 9 SR: 604)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: RR 400 Synth
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS:

The Process-
Did a bit of experimenting today. I kept the hardware the same but only used a soap and ditched the AS. I know some have issues with The Fat, but thankfully I do not. So loaded up the synth and got to it.

I changed things up and after stropping, I went with a single ATG pass. Not a bad shave, but not amazing. I ended up part BBS and part DFS ... for the win! (Because some people want to know) It was a passable shave and I really enjoy the post shave of The Fat. So there ya go. Life is good!

1F76214F-A259-403D-8626-DB509EB45548.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 453 SE: 9 SR: 605)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Simpson 46 Badger
Soap: SV Opuntia

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Opuntia

The Process-
Well snap, I forgot I was working on putting a big dent in that Stirling tub. But here we are. I’ll pick that back up tomorrow, but today it is SV. With this smaller brush I went with a 20 second load time and still whipped up a lot of lather and it smelled very nice. This one will be a keeper in the rotation.

20 laps on cotton and 40 on leather and it was go time. Back to my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Had a great shave and I am BBS for the win! Yes indeed friends and neighbors. The scent lingered throughout the shave and it was very relaxing. I still had enough for a post shave also. That’s what I’m talking about.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a dab of the ASB and everything was right as rain! Pretty nice for a Monday. Life is good!

4151A734-0B47-4C6C-8569-5168E6A6C9B4.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 453 SE: 9 SR: 606)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Three Ranners SR

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Process-
And the crap-nami that was 2020 keeps the hits coming. Friday night, got a call that my wife's eldest son was on the way to the hospital. At age 41 he was having a massive heart attack. When my wife called her daughter to tell her, we were told that she received a call before ours and she tested positive for COVID. Good grief! As of yesterday, Deb's son was released from the hospital after treatment. (He survived and was able to be treated - thank you all for the prayers!) They are shoving people out the door at the hospitals because of the COVID cases. Today I got a text from my younger brother and he was on his way to the ER. He felt really bad last night and was having breathing issues today. 2021 is off to a rocky start.

Oh ... the shave. I haven't used the Three Ranners much, but it was my first SR purchase. A Swedish steel razor that was a sight unseen from WhippedDog. A nice hefty razor with hard steel. I kept my normal shave routine today and had an awesome shave. Oh ... almost forgot to mention that I used my new brush warming scuttle this morning and it works great. A nice toasty lather and everything was right with the world for a few brief moments. That’s all I got for you and yes ... Life is good!

View attachment 1207782Shave Count (DE: 453 SE: 9 SR: 606)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Three Ranners SR

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Process-
And the crap-nami that was 2020 keeps the hits coming. Friday night, got a call that my wife's eldest son was on the way to the hospital. At age 41 he was having a massive heart attack. When my wife called her daughter to tell her, we were told that she received a call before ours and she tested positive for COVID. Good grief! As of yesterday, Deb's son was released from the hospital after treatment. (He survived and was able to be treated - thank you all for the prayers!) They are shoving people out the door at the hospitals because of the COVID cases. Today I got a text from my younger brother and he was on his way to the ER. He felt really bad last night and was having breathing issues today. 2021 is off to a rocky start.

Oh ... the shave. I haven't used the Three Ranners much, but it was my first SR purchase. A Swedish steel razor that was a sight unseen from WhippedDog. A nice hefty razor with hard steel. I kept my normal shave routine today and had an awesome shave. Oh ... almost forgot to mention that I used my new brush warming scuttle this morning and it works great. A nice toasty lather and everything was right with the world for a few brief moments. That’s all I got for you and yes ... Life is good!
Hang in there Tim. We are in a full lockdown in Southern Ontario they fear the hospitals may hit overload. Hopefully we all gain better purchase as we move forward into the new year.

Here's hoping the year gets better from here on in. I can't pray for you 'cause I'm an aethiest but I'm rooting for science. And luck. Lots of good luck!
Hang in there Tim. We are in a full lockdown in Southern Ontario they fear the hospitals may hit overload. Hopefully we all gain better purchase as we move forward into the new year.

Thanks Gents!

Top Bottom