Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Boker SR
Omega Pro boar
Stirling Ben Franklin

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Stirling Ben Franklin AS

Ok ... starting a full week of work and I'm not going to know how to act. I was really back and forth with what product set to use this week. It was down to PdP 63 and Ben Franklin. And as you can see, Ben Franklin got the call. I have not used this in some time, so it was due. But here's what really swung the vote. I chose it because of the trip to the antique store this past weekend. More on that later. Kept the razor, but changed out my brush. Went with a 30 second load time and whipped up a nice lather. The lather went on a bit thick, but I threw some water at it and it cranked right up. Nice, shiny and slick. 50 laps on leather and it was shave time. Went with my normal shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Luckily I didn't hit the snooze so I had time for the SR today and I was rewarded with a BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and towel dry. A shot of the AS and everything was right as rain! Or was it? I'm still kinda on the fence on this set. It's been awhile since I've used it and the soap is ok. But I'm really back and forth over the AS. I smell a strong note of cedar when first applied. It does eventually fade and the dry down scent is nice. I am just not a cedar fan. So we'll see where I land with this one. Life is good!

razor3.jpg

Shave Count (DE: 259 SR: 172)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Torrey SR
Omega Pro boar
Stirling Ben Franklin

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Stirling Ben Franklin AS

This morning I kept most of my gear, but I did change up the razor for Torrey Tuesday. Still rocking the Ben Franklin so far, but I may switch it up tomorrow. I'm just not digging it this week. Went with a typical 30 second load time and whipped up another nice lather also. So far I haven't broken the lather with too much water and I have been going heavy at that. Loaded with a wet brush, dipped the brush in water at the start of every pass and it still holds up. Good stuff. I could dial my load time down on this one as well and still get a good lather.

50 laps on leather and it was time to rock and roll. Went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. The Torrey edge has mellowed out and it is nice. It has a lot of audio feedback, which is pretty cool too. I didn't rush too much while shaving today and walked away with a BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A shot of the AS and everything was right as rain! I didn't smell the Cedar too much today, so maybe I'm nose blind or just using it opens it up more. I'll go with the latter. Good shave this morning. But as I write this, I'm pretty sure I will be changing software sets for tomorrow's shave. Things are what they are at work, with no exciting news. Wrapping up some projects and knocking other tasks off my list, so nothing too exciting there. On the home front, not much new to report. The longer days are nice, but the up and down temps need to knock it off. Time to start working on more outdoor projects and fishing. I have a speaker box that I built for my wife's car that I am adjusting. I pulled it back out of the car to change the dimensions up a bit. And I think I'm going to revamp my shaving shelf just a bit. I have some spare bits of wood on my bench and I'll post some pics when I get that done. I think that's it for now. Hope everyone has a great day! Life is good!

razor1.jpg

Shave Count (DE: 260 SR: 172)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Gillette Goodwill
Asptra SP (2)
Vulfix badger
Mudder Focker

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Mudder Focker AS

Happy Mudder Focker Wednesday! Yes friends and neighbors, I just wasn't digging the Ben Franklin and changed course mid-week. I was a bit pressed for time this morning due to work, so I grabbed the DE. I worked late last night from home, by remote connection back into the office network. Had some application updates to run, but couldn't complete them by 11:00pm. We are not a 24x7 shop, but still had users working and I couldn't complete my task. Anyway, got up this morning to try again as soon as I got up. Completed my task and only had time for a quick shave. So with DE at the ready, it was go time. I ended up changing all my gear today and the Vulfix didn't shed. So maybe I am done with that issue. Ran a wet lather with a 30 second load and it was nice ... very nice. I must have hit the sweet spot this morning, because it was slicker today than it has ever been. Great lather.

Went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Every time I use a DE now I am simply amazed that I am getting no blade feel at all. Maybe that's due to vintage and/or the razor family. Maybe my lather skills have improved, who knows? It doesn't really matter. But what does matter is that I walked away with a BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A double shot of the AS and everything was right as rain! Last time I used this setup, I smelled a heavy powder scent but there was something heavier when you first apply the AS. Not sure what that is and at first, I thought the powder was overbearing. Not so today, I am digging it. Ah mid-week and what to do with myself? Still moving right along at work with tasks and projects. Also a few meetings thrown in just for the time suck factor. I also still need to start scheduling vacation days. Not much on the home front with me bringing work home, just the usual weekday stuff. Starting the day with a great shave and smelling good. And with that ... Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 260 SR: 173)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Boker SR
Vulfix badger
Mudder Focker

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Mudder Focker AS

Still rocking the week with the Mudder Focker set and for whatever reason, I am really digging it more this time around. Had a bit of a late start this morning, but I was determined to get in an SR shave. Grabbed up all the kit and got to it. Stayed with the same routine and loaded the soap for 30 seconds. Started working the lather on my face, adding water as I went, and cranked out a really nice lather. Trying to keep it a bit wetter today (just testing) and it worked very well. I even had a noticeable difference in the residual slickness.

Kept with the 50 laps on the leather and was ready for business. I did notice something this morning while stropping. Shortly after buying this one, I nicked this strop. I thought I had it cleaned up well enough and hadn't noticed it since. Well this morning I noticed it again. I'll have to see if I can get that corrected in the next day or two. Luckily it's in a spot that I can work around. Kinda bummed just a tad. But anyway. Went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Great shave this morning, but I missed a tiny bit on the jaw line. So ... we'll call this DFS+ for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A double shot of the AS and everything was right as rain! It's Thursday and we are supposed to hit 80 degrees today. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 260 SR: 174)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Boker SR
Vulfix badger
Mudder Focker

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Mudder Focker AS

Ok ... winding down the work week with the same gear. I guess I really just need a quick update today. Setup, routine, performance and the outcome have been pretty much the same. Went with the 30 second load time on the soap and whipped up a very nice lather. Again today I noticed an improved difference in the residual slickness. 50 laps on the leather and was ready to go. Went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Another great shave this morning and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A double shot of the AS and everything was right as rain! Really not much to add to that. The last few shaves with the MF have been very pleasant and I am really digging the scent. My opinion for this soap/AS has really made a 180 degree turn. At first I thought it would find it's way into the sell/PIF pile. But the last few days have completely changed my mind and it's a keeper. That's all for now. Life is good!

45C974B1-98AD-460A-AC50-79FB9BABF473.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 261 SR: 174)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (3)
Vintage boar travel brush
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

Tried something a bit different today. I grabbed a travel brush that I had bought, but never used. When soaking the knot, the tips didn’t turn white, so maybe it wasn’t used much. Went with the 30 second load time on the soap and whipped up a very nice lather that smelled great. Hair was stiff but not real scritchy. Not a lot of splay, but very usable. Had enough lather for 3 passes and a post shave lather.

Went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Another great shave this morning, these vintage DEs really are a joy. Just zip around your face without a care in the world. Wrapped it up and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Love that Sandalwood scent. Really nice shave and I smell great. Looks like we are stuck inside today due to thunderstorms, so not sure what to do with myself. I’m sure I’ll find something to do. Life is good!

Well, we gotta get these lakes topped off before summer rolls in.
Lake Current level Full level Difference Timestamp
Grapevine (TX) 535.13 535.00 0.13 4/6/2019 11:45 AM
Eagle Mountain (TX) 649.21 649.00 0.21 4/6/2019 10:00 AM
Benbrook (TX) 694.30 694.00 0.30 4/6/2019 11:00 AM
Granbury (TX) 692.75 693.00 -0.25 4/5/2019 2:00 PM
Joe Pool (TX) 521.91 522.00 -0.09 4/6/2019 11:00 AM
Lewisville (TX) 522.04 522.00 0.04 4/6/2019 12:15 AM
Ray Hubbard (TX) 435.63 435.50 0.13 4/6/2019 11:45 AM
Weatherford (TX) 895.82 896.00 -0.18 4/6/2019 10:45 AM

It looks like they were mostly full beforehand.

South/Central Texas looks like it could use a lot!
temp.png

Lake Current level Full level Difference Timestamp
Grapevine (TX) 535.13 535.00 0.13 4/6/2019 11:45 AM
Eagle Mountain (TX) 649.21 649.00 0.21 4/6/2019 10:00 AM
Benbrook (TX) 694.30 694.00 0.30 4/6/2019 11:00 AM
Granbury (TX) 692.75 693.00 -0.25 4/5/2019 2:00 PM
Joe Pool (TX) 521.91 522.00 -0.09 4/6/2019 11:00 AM
Lewisville (TX) 522.04 522.00 0.04 4/6/2019 12:15 AM
Ray Hubbard (TX) 435.63 435.50 0.13 4/6/2019 11:45 AM
Weatherford (TX) 895.82 896.00 -0.18 4/6/2019 10:45 AM

It looks like they were mostly full beforehand.

South/Central Texas looks like it could use a lot!
View attachment 969891

Looks like we have more rain coming. And I haven’t posted my shave yet, so you can’t blame it on me :001_302:

8A53700B-2544-4A23-A590-46D844B163F9.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 261 SR: 175)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Boker SR
Zenith boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

Stayed fairly close to yesterday’s shave. Changed out the razor and brush, but stayed with a boar. Went with a 30 second load time on the soap and whipped up another great smelling lather. I had a messy lather with a ton left over, it was great.

50 laps on the leather and I was ready Still haven’t fixed that nick and I found a second one. I should get those taken care of today. Went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. An outstanding shave that was relaxing and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Yup ... love me some Sandalwood. More storms rolling in today and I have some errands to knock out before they get here. Easy day today and we’ll see how it shakes out. Life is good!

3C3846A1-E890-452E-8A54-F5FBE421809A.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 261 SR: 176)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
J Allen & Sons SR
Vulfix badger
WSP Gaelic Tweed soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
WSP Gaelic Tweed AS

New week and a new bit of kit, so everything got changed out. WSP's Gaelic Tweed sounded like a good choice for the week. Ran the brush just a bit wetter this morning, kept the 30 second load time and whipped up and very nice lather that smelled great. Even with a spash of water between passes, the lather never broke.

50 laps on the leather and it was go time. Went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Nice, very nice! This blade was as smooth as butter and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A double shot of the AS and everything was right as rain! That was just a fantastic shave, I just can't say enough about it. And did I mention that I smell great? Looks like the rain has past for a few days too. Sort of a short week at work, so let's get this party started and see what Monday holds for us. Life is good!

Top Bottom