What's new

Milk Bath Photoshoot??

My wife says she wants to do a milk bath photoshoot for our baby. Any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated.

Legion

Staff member
Not much to it. Fill the bath with warm water, and then start adding whole milk a little at a time until you get the opacity you want. Obviously, if it is a baby shoot you might want to warm the milk a little so it does not make the bath cold.

Throw in a couple of props like a rubber ducky, flower petals or whatever, as the white can be a bit overpowering if it is all just negative space.

Thanks Legion,

Now I just need to figure out a way to keep my baby still and safe for the shoot. What could go wrong... .... ..

My wife says she wants to do a milk bath photoshoot for our baby. Any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated.

Madam Daiķon, welcome to B&B!!
And congrats on your new baby!!

For any photoshoot with infant, be prepared for anything!
Especially watch for the warm milk bath turning yellow!
We enjoyed the towel stack shoot with grandchild a few years ago!
Indeed, the top towel was quite yellow after the shoot!
Enjoy!!

proxy.php

Enjoy!!

proxy.php
love it!

Enjoy!!

proxy.php
Sarimento,

Thank you so much for that, and congratulations on your new addition! That smile is priceless! Well worth a yello w towel, lol!

Do they actually use milk, or is it something added to water to make it look like milk?
[edit]
Google is my friend:
Very often when people see white or colored milk bath photography, they ask the following questions: Do they really need to use real milk? How much milk do they need? How to achieve this natural effect? We advise you to use real milk. You can fill the bath to the level you need and then add 2 gallons of milk to it. If you think this is not enough, then to increase the effect and obtain a cream color, you can add a little milk powder. But even a small quantity of milk will give a pleasant shade to water.​

My first thought when I saw the thread title was of Annie Leibovitz' photo of Whoopi Goldberg.
proxy.php

Another thought - Treat the milk the same as a snow background for the purpose of determining exposure.

Top Bottom