What's new

Military Grade Compass

Ad Astra

The Instigator
You need more than one. For such an important piece of gear...

I don't always carry the Cammenga, sometimes it's the Silva. Usually the little Suunto as a backup. Need it ONE time, and feel the way I do!

AA

Now there's a book I didn't know I needed!

Hey Alan,
I have lent that one out quite a few times. Truly a useful book to have read. They still hold Orienteering get togethers for enthusiasts.
I have a few of these "interest" books:)
How about, "Basic Butchering of Livestock and Game" - written by a Veterinarian (John J. Mettler Jr., DVM)
"Visual guide to Lockpicking" - another great book for understanding what is happening.
"All the Knots You Need" is pretty useful too.
Something will just strike me as.. that would be cool to learn about.

Recommend using this military lensatic compass, it will be necessary for your hiking, you can be better equipped to navigate and weather the challenges of the great outdoors. There are two military lensatic compass-reading techniques: the center-Hold technique and the compass-to-cheek technique. The most apparent difference between the two is the positioning of the compass. The former involves laying the compass flat, in a 180-degree position, while the latter involves a 90-degree positioning of the compass.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
A compass seems so quaint nowadays. Remember paper charts and maps? However, advanced technology can fail.

Silva is a good brand, but nobody mentioned Suunto? I have a Suunto I got years ago for backpacking. It has the mirror sight, magnifier base plate and luminous markings. Totally happy with it.
I have a Suunto and have been satisfied with it as well... these are their current offerings on Amazon:

Top Bottom