What's new

Mildest Blade?

Just tried another Laser blade (the Super Platinum)...and it was awesome! Very smooth and efficient. Perhaps a little more smooth/comfortable...and a little less efficient than my favorite, the Polsilver...but a worthy contender for a fraction of the cost!
As a bonus, it is beautifully double-wrapped...as opposed to Polsilver, which is terribly wrapped with gobs of sticky wax :rolleyes:
View attachment 1296199
A rear tuck pic pls if possible. where did u order these babies ?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Derby Premium...it's the least sharp blade I can tolerate and still get a good shave. Longevity is good...fairly smooth. That having been said, my favorite blades are Gillette Silver Blue...considerably sharper, but very smooth.

A rear tuck pic pls if possible. where did u order these babies ?
Wow! You guys are serious 😲 I got this sample tuck from the razorbladesclub on Ebay...and just ordered 100 more directly from their site.
IMG-1549.jpg

Derby Premium...it's the least sharp blade I can tolerate and still get a good shave. Longevity is good...fairly smooth. That having been said, my favorite blades are Gillette Silver Blue...considerably sharper, but very smooth.
I have a sample of Derby Premium blades on the way. Thank you!

Last edited:
I have a sample of Derby Premium blades on the way. Thank you!
I just had a beautiful shave with a sample Derby Premium blade that I didn't even realize I had! 😂
I was planning on doing a head-to-head with a couple of other blades, but it was so smooth (yet still efficient) that I just kept going.
I found the Derby Premium to be superior to the Derby Extra...and most other blades!

I'm having so much fun trying different blades! There are so many great ones out there!

So far, here are my favorite Mild (yet efficient) Blades in no particular order...except Polsilver ;)
IMG-1556.jpg

The older made "for the Indian market" in China blades are even better. They are still readily available, I have several hundred. There are some interesting stories about the Gillette Wilkinson Sword production for the Indian market.
IMG-1572.jpg

I just did a side-by-side with the Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades from India 🇮🇳 and China 🇨🇳. I confirm your findings that the Chinese blades are superior! They are (at least) equal in efficiency and noticeably more comfortable...so much so that after the first pass I stopped using the Indian blade altogether and simply finished the shave with the Chinese blade. Good call...and thank you!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
View attachment 1299021
I just did a side-by-side with the Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades from India 🇮🇳 and China 🇨🇳. I confirm your findings that the Chinese blades are superior! They are (at least) equal in efficiency and noticeably more comfortable...so much so that after the first pass I stopped using the Indian blade altogether and simply finished the shave with the Chinese blade. Good call...and thank you!
Is the pack on the right made in China?

I just had a beautiful shave with a sample Derby Premium blade that I didn't even realize I had! 😂
I was planning on doing a head-to-head with a couple of other blades, but it was so smooth (yet still efficient) that I just kept going.
I found the Derby Premium to be superior to the Derby Extra...and most other blades!

I'm having so much fun trying different blades! There are so many great ones out there!

So far, here are my favorite Mild (yet efficient) Blades in no particular order...except Polsilver ;)View attachment 1297177
You consider Feathers to be a mild blade?

You consider Feathers to be a mild blade?
Yes! That’s been the biggest surprise of all the blades I’ve tried. I feared the Feather 🪶 because of everything I read, so I wouldn’t even try it for a long time. But, once I actually did I was happy. I’ve tried it several times now, and so far it has given me nothing but smooth, comfortable shaves! One caveat: I respect the Feather 🪶 ✊🏻 by using light pressure and going very slow.
Actually, as a side note, the Feather has helped me improve my technique with other blades as well. I now use a lighter hand 🤚🏻 with all my blades. As a result, I no longer experience any irritation. I can’t remember the last time I used alum! I only use witch hazel. This has led to a much better post-shave experience, as alum is very drying.

I’ll cast my vote for the green 7 o’clock Super Stainless blade. It truly is mild and forgiving.
I like the 7 O’Clock Green and the Yellow (and the Purple etc 😂) but my favorite is the Black! It is sooooo smooth…like George Benson’s Breezin’ smooth! 😎 🎵
1626807405155.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom