What's new

Mild Tech

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Just tried a Tech I picked up and cleaned. Haven't tried polishing it with MetalWax yet as I've heard the gold plating can be a bit thin.

Did a three pass shave...was "acceptable." My angle seemed okay as I could hear it cutting hair. Maybe it was because I hadn't used a DE in awhile, but everyone says that they are mild shavers.

Followed up with a ATG with my G1 injector...much better.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures...just quick snapshots.

Just tried a Tech I picked up and cleaned. Haven't tried polishing it with MetalWax yet as I've heard the gold plating can be a bit thin.

Did a three pass shave...was "acceptable." My angle seemed okay as I could hear it cutting hair. Maybe it was because I hadn't used a DE in awhile, but everyone says that they are mild shavers.

Followed up with a ATG with my G1 injector...much better.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures...just quick snapshots.

That is a nice looking tech. Better than most you find laying around antique stores.

Question: Why didn't you use the tech for your ATG pass? I used to love using my Tech with a feather and it was a very nice and close shave.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Thanks...the handle looks pristine, and the head looks better to the naked eye...camera picked up all of the little imperfections. I think I'll try the Metalwax on an inconspicuous place and see if that helps. I was surprised that the logo on the head was intact when the guy pulled it out of the display case for me to look at. Don't know if I can get the little scratches on the head out; don't want to mess up the logo.

I did use the Tech on ATG, even buffing and j-hooking, and stretched the skin like with a straight...guess I've gotten used to SEs since I haven't used a DE in awhile. The injector cleaned up the left-over spots real quick. Even though I learned to shave with Dad's 40s style SS and had a Stick Schick when I was younger (wonder where that thing is...I think I remember seeing it in a drawer several years ago), the SEs are giving me great shaves. I may give the Tech a weeks worth of shaves with some Iridium blades I have left. Used a new Red Personna this morning. Or, since it's a mild shaver, I think that I do have some Feathers left...I'll try that next time.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Let's have a warm welcome for the Tech, which will be the opening act for today's feature performer the Schick G1!

Tom, you picked up an old program...after the Tech's performance, today's headliner is the 1907 Ever-Ready Lather Catcher! :lol::lol::lol:

Very mild in my opinion. I've had one for years and every once in a while I give it a try again, trying to love it, but I just can't get a close shave with it. I think its time to pass it on to someone who can love it. I'll stick with my agressive razors, i think.

Let's have a warm welcome for the Tech, which will be the opening act for today's feature performer the Schick G1!

Haha...I love it, always the opener, never the star!!

Although I have been shaving with my Tech the last 3-4 days, my Injector gives me a closer shave, with far less fuss. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom