What's new

Mild OC?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I enjoy OC razors. I only have 1 OC razor that I consider a daily driver, though. It’s a vintage Hoffritz OC.

I also am a huge fan of Fatip and Schone razors, but can shave with them about two consecutive days before needing to give my skin a break. I tried a Timeless .68 OC a while back and wasn’t crazy about using a razor that still fell like a safety bar razor. I also used the Bronze OC which I liked more, but still wasn’t worthy of being a daily driver.

Curious, what are some nice and mild OC razors that can provide great shaves every day? Preferably new school razor suggestions.

The Yaqi DOC/Razorock Sloc is a nice mild open comb. Affordable too, the RR can be had with a stainless steel handle for around $20 while the Yaqi head can be had for under $10.

They're the same head by the way, RR just sells them slapped onto a stainless steel handle.

Mild while still being efficient and great for daily shaves as your post asks.

Perhaps the Merkur 15C is worth a try. You don't hear a lot about that razor but I hear it is mild.
Good recommendation. My copy of the 15C is smooth and mild (comparable to a Tech). Whenever I seek for a closer shave I simply add a shim. Works flawless for me with almost every blade.

The SLOC is a good idea, too.
Both razors are excellent daily drivers.

Parker’s OC is definitely one of the best if you want a relatively mild, daily driver razor. Just pick a handle you like best. They are all fairly heavy brass handles.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
The Karve OC can be had with more than a half dozen degrees of aggression, at a pretty good price (for a modern razor anyway). The ATT M2 is a good choice as well for a milder Open Comb.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
If it wasn’t for your last line, I’d be highly recommending a vintage Gillette Sheraton — the smoothest TTO OC this face has ever met.

I enjoy vintage also, I just tend to use more new school stuff. I’m not tryi to exclude vintage, just trying to steer a little more toward new. I’m not as familiar with the Sheraton as other Gillette OCs so I’ll look into it.

Parker makes a very mild and smooth OC.
Parker’s OC is definitely one of the best if you want a relatively mild, daily driver razor. Just pick a handle you like best. They are all fairly heavy brass handles.

+1 On the Parkers as well since you're looking for a new school razor. The Maggard open comb head is supposedly the same thing, they look similar enough and they have the same number of teeth. Apparently comes from India too, which is where Parkers are produced.

The Maggard head will run you $16 while Parker razors are generally around $30.

Top Bottom