What's new

Mike's Natural Rose, Patchouli, & Cedarwood Soap Jar

Newbie here. I've heard such wonderful things about Mike's Natural Soaps. Unfortunately, his apparent popularity seems to make his stuff largely out-of-stock at his site at the moment.

However, I found that his Rose, Patchouli, & Cedarwood jars were in stock. I'm not excited about the Rose part, but was hoping that the soap featured the Patchouli & Cedarwood -- so I ordered one.

When I received it yesterday, I was disappointed to find that, to my nose, the ROSE scent absolutely dominates. I don't really want to smell like a Rose. Have not used this jar at all yet. It appears he doesn't take returns. I'm not sure what to do with this product. Suggestions?

I understand that Mike's soaps have spectacularly great performance -- what's the best way to get this into the hands of an appropriately loving home?

It appears that Goodwill & Salvation Army may not accept donations of shaving supplies ...

Eric

You might want to list it on the Buy, Sell, Trade page of the forum. As you say, Mike's is popular, so I'm sure somebody would buy it from you or trade you something that you like.

You have a few options:
1) use it; it’s still good soap.
2) chuck it; life’s too short to worry about $15 or to use soap you dislike.
3) sell it, here or on various other forums. After cost of shipping, you’ll recoup a few dollars. Worth it? See #1.
4) PIF it, here on B&B. Shipping will add to your overall cost, but you’ll make another forum member happy and you’ll feel good about it.

You have a few options:
1) use it; it’s still good soap.
2) chuck it; life’s too short to worry about $15 or to use soap you dislike.
3) sell it, here or on various other forums. After cost of shipping, you’ll recoup a few dollars. Worth it? See #1.
4) PIF it, here on B&B. Shipping will add to your overall cost, but you’ll make another forum member happy and you’ll feel good about it.

+1! Life is short, enjoy the journey!! :a29:

You won't smell like Rose, Mike's scents don't really linger after the shave. If you use an aftershave you will never smell the soap anyway.

I suggest using it as Mike's is a great soap.

Rose has been over the years one of the most popular soap scents for men. If you are still worried, relax, the scent dissipates quickly enough.

@altruistguy if you have a spare brush maybe you could get a friend or relative introduced to making lather the traditional way. Leave the razor side of things for later.

Last edited:
1) You won't smell like rose unless you walk around with lather on your face all day

2) Just because rose dominates off the puck doesn't mean it will when you lather it.

The soap scent will not linger once you finish and rinse, so no worries there. Plus if you slap on a splash afterwards, you are double guaranteed not to smell the rose. But if you hate the scent during use, you could always do a PIF here.
As a long time fan of Mikes, and someone who doesn't particularly love rose scents, I really do like this one.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Don't worry to much about scent because your aftershave or colognes will dominate over most soap fragrances. Enjoy it , Most of my 20 + soap scents dissipate quickly and only few might linger a little longer.

Top Bottom