What's new

Mike Swofford Memorial Super Speed Saturdays (MSMSSS)

Thanks for checking in, Gabe. I guess we need some new blood. How are you enjoying the dark side? :001_smile
I've been using straights for 99% of my shaves. I really enjoy the whole process including stropping and honing. I am to thempimt where my straight shaves are better than my DE shaves.

You guys are posting some great set ups. :a14:

’56 B3 Custom Red Tip / Feather
Rudy Vey ‘SOC’ Boar
Tabac Shave Soap
Fine American Blend ASL

proxy.php

No picture today, but I finally used a Superspeed on Saturday. Today was a 1957 Redtip loaded with an Astra SP blade.
Glad to see you back Gabe. :thumbup1:

No Super Speed for me today, and maybe for a while, I've been getting some of my less used SEs out for SEptember and then it will be OCtober. I'll still be checking in and probably sneaking in a few Super Speed shaves though.

I also have been neglecting my Superspeeds lately, chiefly due to devoting most of my shaves to a newly acquired ATT Windsor. Now that I have the Windsor dialed in nicely I can go back to giving my Superspeeds the attention they deserve.

Here is today's Superspeed Saturday SOTD

proxy.php

’56 B3 Custom Red Tip / Gillette Super Platinum
Doug Korn Classic with Omega 1066 Boar knot
Shave Nation Lather Bowl
Lakewood Smoky Mountain Rain Shave Soap
Fine Snake Bite ASL
Castle Forbes Lime Shave Balm

’55 A4 Gillette Red Tip / Feather
Whipped Dog HMB
Lakewood Sweet Orange Chili Pepper Shave Soap
Fine Platinum ASL with added menthol

proxy.php

Very nice, Gabe! :thumbup1: What's the Shambala like?
Thanks Phil. I missed the effortless shaves from a Redtip.

Shambala is a clone of Issey Miyake L'ea d'Issey Pour Homme. It's an aquatic scent. Very fresh and perfect for the 100+ degree temps here in AZ. Its one of my favorite from Folsom & Co.

Thanks Phil. I missed the effortless shaves from a Redtip.

Shambala is a clone of Issey Miyake L'ea d'Issey Pour Homme. It's an aquatic scent. Very fresh and perfect for the 100+ degree temps here in AZ. Its one of my favorite from Folsom & Co.

Thanks Gabe. Shambala sounds very nice and something that I would like.

proxy.php

T3 Gillette Flare Tip Superspeed / Gillette Super Platinum
Doug Korn Classic Omega Boar
Lakewood Solar Eclipse Shave Soap
Fine L’Orange Noir ASL

Super Sunday for me today.
This was going to be my yesterday shave, but worked a double shift on Friday and skipped the Saturday's shave. It's been a while since I had a Super Speed Saturday shave after SEpember and OCtober. I didn't want to wait another week for next Saturday. Feels good to be back!

'55 Red Tip
Astra SP
Whipped Dog Synth
Vintage Williams
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
P1070164(r1rs).jpg

Super Sunday for me today.
This was going to be my yesterday shave, but worked a double shift on Friday and skipped the Saturday's shave. It's been a while since I had a Super Speed Saturday shave after SEpember and OCtober. I didn't want to wait another week for next Saturday. Feels good to be back!

'55 Red Tip
Astra SP
Whipped Dog Synth
Vintage Williams
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
View attachment 925442

Awesome Superspeed Saturday shave, Troy! Great pic as well. :thumbup1:

’56 B3 Custom Gillette Red Tip / Feather
Omega 21762 Professional Boar
Lakewood Smoky Mountain Rain Shave Soap
Aqua Velva Original Sport ASL
Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil ASB