What's new

Might Be Time For A New Shavemac, RECOMMENDATIONS?

I ordered this Shavemac about twelve years ago on a special offer while on another shave forum. It has treated me very well all these years.

Last night, I was straight razor shaving, Proraso, with the Shavemac. My girlfriend came in as I was finishing and told me there was an emergency in the neighborhood. A couple hours later I returned and saw that I forgot to rinse and hang my Brush. The center appeared to be cratered, volcanoed, kind of wide open.

I immediately rinsed the brush and then soaked for ten minutes in Borax solution. Rinsed it again then shook it out as I normally do.

I think I ordered a Silvertip, 23mm, bulb, extra ‘hairs’, Shavemac did a great job.

Any thoughts on what had occurred and I’d like to order the same or better. Recommendations, comments? Btw, I sent Shavemac a similar email with same pics. Haven’t heard back but probably will. I really like the brush I have! Shavemac is a fine company.

Attachments

• 4F06B8E3-FC68-449B-BE41-9AD58FD1F3C5.jpeg
    4F06B8E3-FC68-449B-BE41-9AD58FD1F3C5.jpeg
    892.9 KB · Views: 63
  • E2E0E523-5AD3-42A9-A012-6B60E9ADBFD1.jpeg
    E2E0E523-5AD3-42A9-A012-6B60E9ADBFD1.jpeg
    888.3 KB · Views: 64

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I would hope it regains it's shape - if not, B&B's own Rudy Vey does great work with handles & quite often has Shavemac knots in them .. or even if you like the handle may be able to fit a new knot if yours doesn't recover ..

I would hope it regains it's shape - if not, B&B's own Rudy Vey does great work with handles & quite often has Shavemac knots in them .. or even if you like the handle may be able to fit a new knot if yours doesn't recover ..

+1! Rudy is the man!! Simply excellent craftsmanship!! :thumbup:

Appreciate the replies. Heard back from Bernd earlier, unfortunately the brush is not recoverable, it’s also worn out also from use. He can duplicate the brush or I can order another model. Requested the specifics of my brush and will see about ordering another. Or possibly contact Rudy Vey.

I’ll put this out to the forum… going to have Bernd make a Silvertip 2 band, in a handle approx 10mm higher, will be 60mm, than what I have, in pics. I could go with 24mm or 26mm knot. Knot? Loft? Thoughts… with the Silvertip 2 band?

I have a Shavemac 2 band Silvertip bulb 24/52-53mm that is a wonderful brush. I also have the same hair in a 24/50mm fan that I like better for face lathering. I like good backbone with soft tips and some splay. I find the fan knots do a little better job in those areas while face lathering.

I took the Silvertip 2 Band 24/54 down to 52mm and ordered the brush. Was going to reduce to 50mm but the 52mm is where it’s at. 😉 Mods could close the thread!

Top Bottom