What's new

Mid Missouri newbie checking in

Hey all! I heard this was the site to join for shaving/razor info after mentioning on a forum I was on that I had decided to take a shot at using a DE razor. Had a brother that got in to using vintage razors and told me years ago that it was the best shave he'd ever had. After he passed his daughter gave me his small razor collection and I recently began checking them out again. Looking forward to checking out all the info on here.

Thanks!
Dave

That's a really neat story, that the daughter didn't throw his stuff out and it made it to you and you are going to keep it moving forward in time. Welcome to B&B, I hope you enjoy your time here and learn something useful.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Sorry to hear about your brother. It might give you some comfort, using the razors he collected, at least, I hope they have that effect.

So, welcome to our little community here at B&B.

Welcome to the group. Post up some pictures of the razors and we will be happy to let you know what they are called and if they are smooth or agressive or whatever. Just not what hey are worth.
Take a quick minute to read the rules of the forum then jump right in.

Thanks everyone! I've got some pics of his razors I took the other day, so I'll post them on here shortly. As for my own razors, I just have a King C Gillette I recently picked up, along with a Merkur Futur, and have been using a Gillette Mach 5 for a long time, so it will be a change to get in to the de shaving. I got the Futur on a whim since I liked the look of it but will hold off on it as I heard they can be aggressive. I remember my Dad using a butterfly razor when I was a kid in the 60's. My brother had a black handled one in his collection.

Top Bottom