What's new

Microwave mistake...

So I read somewhere that if you sent a soap for a 4-8 second ride in the microwave that it could “zap” the EO/FO in the soap that might cause slight irritation. Well I was experiencing some of this slight irritation from a soap, but the performance and lather was too good to throw it out, so I figured I would give it a try. One short microwave ride one day and it seemed to help, but the irritation came back on the next day’s shave. So what worked once will probably work twice right? Except the one 8 second ride turned in to two back to back 8 second rides this time. This was a mistake on my part...😬😬
192797B6-85D0-45D4-9ED2-4E235CFD035E.jpeg
A46E7CAE-133F-420D-8587-D2EDE170601E.jpeg
A5F382B9-6DF0-4FC0-9D7E-982171DFCFB8.jpeg
A4C46B90-83DD-495F-9735-43406A3E80E2.jpeg
BB189E1F-A379-4FC0-B04B-044AE034138F.jpeg
Whoops. Learn something new every day! Hope this helps someone, or at least gives you a laugh! 😂😂

Side note: Catie’s bubbles is a fantastic performing soap! My destruction of it is in no way a reflection on my opinion of the performance of it! 👍😬😂

Next time scoop it out of the plastic container, put it in glass and do the zapping.

Plastic that isn't specifically "microwave safe" is a strict no-no for microwaves. Seen so many people put plastic peanut butter and honey jars in the microwave, and just shake my head.

That said, I'd advise against doing this, period. Just BST/Pif/Swap/etc it and let someone who's not sensitive to it have it and buy a different one that doesn't irritate you.

Next time scoop it out of the plastic container, put it in glass and do the zapping.

Plastic that isn't specifically "microwave safe" is a strict no-no for microwaves. Seen so many people put plastic peanut butter and honey jars in the microwave, and just shake my head.

That said, I'd advise against doing this, period. Just BST/Pif/Swap/etc it and let someone who's not sensitive to it have it and buy a different one that doesn't irritate you.
Yeah I’ll definitely take that approach in the future! I’m glad it was only a sample tub and not a full size tub though!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
We probably have all done something similar. Some of us might not want to admit to it. Thanks for the tip though.

We probably have all done something similar. Some of us might not want to admit to it. Thanks for the tip though.
Sorry!!
Live and learn.
No worries at all!

“A smart man learns from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of other.”

Hopeful that I could share my mistake so someone could learn from it besides me lol. Have a great day y’all!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Sorry. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It wasn't working for you, anyway. Might have been a nice pif, but everybody lived. If that's the worst thing that happens to you this month you'll be doing OK.

Remember the guy who tear gassed himself by nuking heavily mentholated Yeti snot. Caution; this was really funny, but my understanding is that it was actually quite dangerous.

Top Bottom