What's new

Micromatic Passaround - Try one out and Join Micromatic Mondays!

I just started working Monday so now I can afford to ship package to the next person on the list.

Also as a side note is there any of the full size that are as mild as say the featherweight razor. My brother loves the brass micromatic but said it's a little too aggressive for him. He said the featherweight aggressiveness is great. I want to find a full size brass one that is mild like the featherweight so I can get for his bday.

I'd opine the bullet tip w/guiding eye which is the particular variant in this pass around would be the closest match to the featherweight.

The only micromatic that might be closer to a featherweight or G - bar is the 1949 - 1950 micromatic bullet tip which isn't in this pass around. They changed the razor head 2 to 3 times between 1947 and 1950. The first versions had the guiding eye made from 1947 - 1948 then you had ones without the guiding eye from 1948 - 1950. They changed the razor heads for sure in 1949 and possibly in 1948 when they dropped the guiding eye from the razor cap. If you wanted one that for sure was made after 1949 you need to seek out the micromatic bullet tip with the plastic tto knob on it.

I am on a business trip, will ship the pack to @Suhrim21 On Saturday. I’ll throw in my few remaining carbon steel blades. They seem smoother and sharper than stainless (not a whole lot) but need to be taken out and dried after each use to avoid rusting.

I like the carbon steel blades myself but don't use them that often because of the maintenance issues. I don't know about sharper but they certainly are smoother. The ones I've used are the blades you can buy at CVS. They aren't the cheapest but are readily available.

I received the package today. I will try them out clean them up and send it off.

What are the blades. I see some that say gem in a ziplock. Some that say gem in the plastic dispenser then the other ones I don't remember what they say in the last dispenser

I received the package today. I will try them out clean them up and send it off.

What are the blades. I see some that say gem in a ziplock. Some that say gem in the plastic dispenser then the other ones I don't remember what they say in the last dispenser

The ones that say “Gem” are probably coated stainless steel ones, they were included in the pack when I received it. I used my own uncoated SS Gems to try these razors.

The third plastic pack should be the carbon steel blades that I threw in. To me, they seemed smoother than the SS ones, but they have to be dried after each use.

The ones that say “Gem” are probably coated stainless steel ones, they were included in the pack when I received it. I used my own uncoated SS Gems to try these razors.

The third plastic pack should be the carbon steel blades that I threw in. To me, they seemed smoother than the SS ones, but they have to be dried after each use.

Those ones I don't have so I will definitely try one.

Sorry I haven't posted here. I have the box and will be sending the box off saturday to who ever is next. Unless everyone is ok with me keeping the box one more week. I have yet to shave with any of the razors. I also received the DE pass around the same day I got this box. Again I apologize for not posting. Been reeling from the passing of my adopted father this last saturday.

Sorry to hear about your father.

I don’t think there is any deadline on the Micromatic passaround. Keep it until you get to use them.

Sorry I haven't posted here. I have the box and will be sending the box off saturday to who ever is next. Unless everyone is ok with me keeping the box one more week. I have yet to shave with any of the razors. I also received the DE pass around the same day I got this box. Again I apologize for not posting. Been reeling from the passing of my adopted father this last saturday.
Razor passarounds are trivial matters.
Tend to what you need to tend to. No need to apologize.
So sorry to hear of your loss.

Anyone else on the list or do I just hold on to it for now.

I did try the razor blades that need to be dried after use. Two things I did like the blade though I learned do not go across the grain on my neck with a SE razor. And after I shaved I rinsed the razor showered then took the blade out and dried it and it already has black spots on it where the soap was on it. I tried the bullet tip. If I still have time with the box the next one I want to try is the clog proof.

Anyone else on the list or do I just hold on to it for now.

I did try the razor blades that need to be dried after use. Two things I did like the blade though I learned do not go across the grain on my neck with a SE razor. And after I shaved I rinsed the razor showered then took the blade out and dried it and it already has black spots on it where the soap was on it. I tried the bullet tip. If I still have time with the box the next one I want to try is the clog proof.

You still have time with the box. For some reason my alerts are erratic since the forum software upgrade, so I may be slow to respond to posts here.

I will put some passaround promotional posts on SE forums, but take your time and try everything.

I was just wanting to check and see if anyone is waiting to get the box. I dont want to be a box whore. Lol. I've used the clog proof a couple of times and realized I cannot shave ATG on the neck with it. Everytime I do I get nicks like crazy and horrible razorburn. I also used the blades that were uncoated and I do like them but noticed they stain very quickly. I shaved rinsed the razor then jumped in the shower and got out took the blade out because I forgot to dry it before getting in the shower and it already has some dark stains on the blade. All in all I'm still liking the micromatic and featherlight best. I'm going to try the bullet tip a few times in a row to see if I can get a better shave than with the other two.

Alright. Let's do this. Who do I need to be cleared by for this to get started.

Two SE shaves and I gotta try more.

KM

I think you are good to go! Send a PM to @Suhrim21 with your mailing address and a razor box will magically arrive. It’s good if you post your thoughts about the shaves to this thread or to:

Just posting an update. My medical issues have prevented me from getting to the post office to mail the box. As soon as I'm able to I will mail it. I apologize for the delay.

Top Bottom