What's new

Micromatic Passaround - Try one out and Join Micromatic Mondays!

Make sure with the Bullet Tip to keep the razor head almost flat on your face. Same for all the GEM razors except for the 1924 ("shovelhead").

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I’ve got a question: do bumpless MMOCs shave differently then the ones with bumps?
Not to me. I would expect there to be some difference given that the blade sits at a very slightly different angle inside the head of the bumpless versus the bumped; but if there is, it's too subtle for me to pick up. The bumpless do tend to be gold-washed (or full-on brassy since the gold wash tends to be less durable than the chrome) and the bumped ones I've seen are more often Chrome than golden....just an aesthetic that I've observed over time.

I am loving the featherweight and mmoc razor that was sent to me. Once I get working again if this is still going I really want to try the other razors that I haven't tried yet.

Think I'm leaning towards the OC. I've been curious about OC razors so it was nice opportunity to get a few shaves with one. Hard to really rank one over another for me though. Several shaves off the two blades I'm using and they are still going strong.
Anyone else joining or do these need to go back home? I can get them cleaned up and ready to go when I get the word.
Thanks @BBS-1 (and anyone else that may have contributed) for this pass around. I like the SE design and haven't touched my DE razors since they arrived. Easy to get a good angle with the shape of the head.

Think I'm leaning towards the OC. I've been curious about OC razors so it was nice opportunity to get a few shaves with one. Hard to really rank one over another for me though. Several shaves off the two blades I'm using and they are still going strong.
Anyone else joining or do these need to go back home? I can get them cleaned up and ready to go when I get the word.
Thanks @BBS-1 (and anyone else that may have contributed) for this pass around. I like the SE design and haven't touched my DE razors since they arrived. Easy to get a good angle with the shape of the head.

I kicked this off with the MMOC and some casual promotion in Twelvefret’s Micromatic Monday. Then @bobmsp started this thread as a better organized passaround. @BBS-1 made the big contribution to give it a complete Micromatic representation.

Hang on to the set, I’m sure to next potential convert will sign up soon.

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Thanks @Tanuki and @bobmsp.

I'll hold onto them in the mean time. Just didn't want them to be forgotten. I'll probably get a few more shaves with the two blades I used and then clean/box them for the next person that comes along.

Anyone that wants to participate should chime in now. No long waiting list. :D

Just to state the (hopefully) obvious, but I’m no longer one of “the guys in charge.”

Just to state the (hopefully) obvious, but I’m no longer one of “the guys in charge.”
I am delegating my razors to you being charge for the passaround from here on in. Don't bother checking in with me just do what you deem best for the passaround. Hopefully @Tanuki does the same when he gets to reading the replies.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems

I am delegating my razors to you being charge for the passaround from here on in. Don't bother checking in with me just do what you deem best for the passaround. Hopefully @Tanuki does the same when he gets to reading the replies.
I have a sudden urge to yell, "NOT IT!!!!" :laugh:

If Tanuki doesn't respond back in a timely manner, @Joshua223 send my two razors out to @Umma2gumma and I'll send another micromatic open comb to Umma2gumma directly. And from there on in @bobmsp is in full charge of my razors for the passaround.
I can send all three to umma2gumma. In post #67 Tanuki said for me to hold onto them until the next person came along and didn't mention wanting it returned to him yet. I was just making sure there was nothing I needed to be aware of.

I can send all three to umma2gumma. In post #67 Tanuki said for me to hold onto them until the next person came along and didn't mention wanting it returned to him yet. I was just making sure there was nothing I needed to be aware of.

Get them moving then.

Top Bottom