What's new

Micromatic Passaround - Try one out and Join Micromatic Mondays!

If you guys want to expand this out I'll throw in a Bullet Tip with guiding eye and a Clog Pruf. That would cover all the 3 Micromatics and is also a good representative of mild to wild type of shaves you can get out of an SE. Bullet tip on the mild side, open comb on the wild side and Clog Pruf somewhere in the middle.

That is extremely generous! I don’t see any reason to shut this down right away. I had been thinking about adding Gem SE razors to the package, models depending on what I spotted in the wild locally.

@Clay S , would you be interested in an influx of GEMs to try out and bundle up for @Rory1262 or whoever signs up next?

@bobmsp , any thoughts?

That is extremely generous! I don’t see any reason to shut this down right away. I had been thinking about adding Gem SE razors to the package, models depending on what I spotted in the wild locally.

@Clay S , would you be interested in an influx of GEMs to try out and bundle up for @Rory1262 or whoever signs up next?

@bobmsp , any thoughts?

I don't mind sending them out for others to try or if I get them back or not later on. I hardly use these 2 anymore. I just think it would be cool to expand the pass around to include the 3 styles of Micromatics.
You guys let me know how you want to proceed.

@bobmsp , any thoughts?
@BBS-1 Sounds great to me. I PMed my address.

I think this thread might need to be titled MM passaround instead now that we got some more razors to try.

Both received in good order! Will be trying the Clog pruf tomorrow. Monday will be "Micromatic Monday Madness" for me; A three pass, three razor lineup.

I'd have love to jump with both legs but unfortunately I am in India. The way cheap to high end ($100 ish) razors are failing on me makes me want to dig up the whole landfil and find out my old no name parker once again.
But the GMM postage to and will prolly just cost me a price of Parker Variant.

I enjoyed all the Micromatics. I had the hardest time getting a good shave with the Bullet tip. It seemed to have the narrowest workable range of angles to me. Easier was the Clog pruf, and easiest was the MMOC.

@Rory1262 I plan on shipping Saturday morning if no one else signs up. Please PM me your address.

By the way, I looked at the rules for the passaround and didn't see any particular sum mentioned for insurance.
May I assume that the basic USPS amount will cover it?

By the way, I looked at the rules for the passaround and didn't see any particular sum mentioned for insurance.
May I assume that the basic USPS amount will cover it?

I think your assumption is correct. The Clog Pruf and Bullet Tip I have less than $20 invested in them. I can't speak for the MMOC but I would assume it is an under $20 dollar razor also.

I think your assumption is correct. The Clog Pruf and Bullet Tip I have less than $20 invested in them. I can't speak for the MMOC but I would assume it is an under $20 dollar razor also.
The rules were originally put in place when it was just an MMOC passaround, so the $50 would have definitely covered replacement. I'm assuming that everyone is comfortable with the idea that if lost, we'd have to allocate the $50 with the possibility that there might be a minor loss if replacement was the goal.

The rules were originally put in place when it was just an MMOC passaround, so the $50 would have definitely covered replacement. I'm assuming that everyone is comfortable with the idea that if lost, we'd have to allocate the $50 with the possibility that there might be a minor loss if replacement was the goal.

Makes no difference to me. Those 2 are not important or irreplaceable razors.

@Rory1262 I'll be putting some Gem SS blades in the package. If you don't have Gem PTFE blades I have some coming Saturday. Should I push shipping 'til Monday, or go ahead and ship Saturday?

Thanks.

The three Micromatics are in the mail with ten Gem SS and ten Gem PTFE blade, as well as the two soap samples. The SS are in the dispenser and the PTFE are the cardstock wrapped blades.

I looked through the thread but didn't see info about the soap samples. May I inquire about them, please?

One was a Phoenix and Beau soap, the other something else :)

I didn't try either. Didn't care for the aroma and I'm happy with my current soaps.

Top Bottom