What's new

Micromatic Passaround - Try one out and Join Micromatic Mondays!

Okay. Thanks. From the tracking it sounded like it left in the vehicle, but wasn't ever scanned by the driver as delivered.

I started off with the bullet tip because it caught my eye.
I thought it was great. It didn't even feel like a blade was touching my face.

Today was the open comb. Again, a very nice experience.
I like the Micromatic mechanism and how it secures the blade.

I'm going to give the Clog Pruf a go after skipping a day, so that suggests Saturday.

By the way, the Pall Mall soap is a pleasure (neroli is a scent I like).
I see it's been discontinued, though.

Another good outing with the bullet tip. "Smooth and efficient" is done to death as a description, but I'm hard put to describe it any other way. I did give myself a bit of a pink patch on my throat on striving for perfection, though, and that's my fault. (I'll never learn to leave well enough alone.)

I used the Trinity soap and found it quite appealing. Its softness makes for very easy face lathering.

I hope somebody else will sign up here. I know the original owners have said they don't mind if they don't see these razors again, but I'd like for the broader B&B community to enjoy them as well.

I will give this passaround a little extra attention.

1) Clay S
2) Rory1262
3)
4)
5)

Curious about SE razors. How are these being shipped?
I hope somebody else will sign up here. I know the original owners have said they don't mind if they don't see these razors again, but I'd like for the broader B&B community to enjoy them as well.

I will give this passaround a little extra attention.

1) Clay S
2) Rory1262
3)
4)
5)

Please count me in. Never tried an SE before, although I have a rough GEM and Schick injector that are probably functional. I just haven't ordered blades for them yet.
1) Clay S
2) Rory1262
3) Joshua223
4)
5)

Can't say I cared for the Clog Pruf -- at all.
Rough ride with several weepers. I had to reach for the styptic for the first time in a good while.
I thought it might have been my error in failing to seat the blade properly, but I don't think so.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Can't say I cared for the Clog Pruf -- at all.
Rough ride with several weepers. I had to reach for the styptic for the first time in a good while.
I thought it might have been my error in failing to seat the blade properly, but I don't think so.
Technique is important when using Gems because they are used on the shallow approach or riding the cap.
I still use DE razors but I prefer GEM and Schick razors and in the winter months they give me a better shave because my skin is more dryer and whiskers are more stubborn.
Gem instruction manual (2).jpg Gem procedure (2).jpg blade_angle-se-de.gif I just borrowed this from one of B&B members@Mick !
Have some great shaves!

Technique is important when using Gems because they are used on the shallow approach or riding the cap.

I learned that when I picked my first SE, a GEM Featherweight, a year or two ago.
I noted after using the bullet tip that it didn't even feel like a blade was touching my face. I loved it and the results.
Same for the open comb.

I gave my face a rest yesterday after the abrasion I inflicted on Saturday with the Clog Pruf.
Back to the bullet tip today and it again was much kinder. This was my favorite of the lot.

I'll be cleaning and boxing the razors this evening and shipping to Josh tomorrow.

I remember my first shave with the MMOC. I was new to wet shaving and was a little less than generous with the lather and took longer strokes. BURN baby. These razors will really give a nice shave.

Another good outing with the bullet tip. "Smooth and efficient" is done to death as a description, but I'm hard put to describe it any other way. I did give myself a bit of a pink patch on my throat on striving for perfection, though, and that's my fault. (I'll never learn to leave well enough alone.)

I used the Trinity soap and found it quite appealing. Its softness makes for very easy face lathering.

If you decide to try some other Gem razors based on this, the one termed a G-bar or a featherweight would be a good fit for you.

Received razors yesterday. Gave the bullet tip a try this morning. I'll have to work on my technique, but I think a GEM or other SE will end up on my wish list. :D
Thanks again for letting me participate.

Tried the Clog Proof. Hard to compare to the others without doing a side by side evaluation. Good shave overall. The Micromatics seem better in general about not clogging up.
I've used one loose blade and one blade from the dispenser. Without doing several shaves in one model razor it is hard to really say if I prefer one over the other.
May try one of the soaps with my next shave.

Top Bottom