What's new

Micromatic Monday

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
@Flintstone65 I haven't tried the Gem carbon but the Pal carbon are fine for me.
I was just going to say you need your eyes checked. But I didn't want to be rude. Your banging your head on a brick wall and @Twelvefret is hitting you with a chair. Man this is a lot rougher crowd than I thought.
All done with love, my friend -- or so I tell myself :lol1:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Evening shaving, for Monday. Another MMOC what I believe is an older style case ..

IMG_9264.JPG

Think I’ll do a daily double so I can participate in Micromatic Monday. The tools will be a Wade and a Butcher restored SR and the 1958 Push Button.

I’m declaring for the G-Bar, maybe let the Featherweight do the final touch up. All Gem, but no Micromatic this Monday.

I identify myself as "traditional" shaver who uses and collects vintage safety razors. He lights up and says, "that is so cool, I really want to try that". It always seems to be the bearded guys who are most open to the idea.

A big part of why I wore a beard for years, was simply not knowing how to shave well. I can’t be the only one!

A truly excellent shave with my MMOC/twin blade combo on this Micromatic Monday. I really got the feeling of the MMOC this time, with that top cap just cruising comfortably flat around my face. I think I’m starting to understand this razor now.

3 minutes of steam prep (face over container of hot water with a towel over my head) and really dialling in the Proraso Green soap is also helping a lot.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Damaskeene OC (2).jpg
I should be there for GEMonday with my Gem Damaskeene 1912>15 open comb, still testing this new razor.

Flintstone65

It will be an early morning shave tomorrow, so I'm posting the photo of Monday's setup early:
I think the setup mostly speaks for itself, but the brush is the Yaqi 26mm Timber Wolf, the blades used were Dorco Prime for DE, Treet Carbon for the SE -- the razors are the X3 Slant with OSO handle and the star of GEMonday, Gold Push button. Enjoy your shaves!!!
IMG_1686.jpg

909C6A7E-3996-4B2B-8C2C-051C0FB041AD.jpeg
Knock down with a restored Wade and Butcher 4/8 “Improved Tand” coupled with a 1958 GEM gold and black Push Button (just like those 1950 Plymouth autos with push button automatic transmissions).

Initial knock down with the straight followed by a finishing off by the PB. Great result.

A big part of why I wore a beard for years, was simply not knowing how to shave well. I can’t be the only one!

A truly excellent shave with my MMOC/twin blade combo on this Micromatic Monday. I really got the feeling of the MMOC this time, with that top cap just cruising comfortably flat around my face. I think I’m starting to understand this razor now.

3 minutes of steam prep (face over container of hot water with a towel over my head) and really dialling in the Proraso Green soap is also helping a lot.

Sounds perfect. Congratulations :a14:

Flintstone65

]View attachment 972529 Knock down with a restored Wade and Butcher 4/8 “Improved Tand” coupled with a 1958 GEM gold and black Push Button (just like those 1950 Plymouth autos with push button automatic transmissions).

Initial knock down with the straight followed by a finishing off by the PB. Great result.[/QUOTE]
That’s great!!! Trying the twinjector blades is definitely on my “must try” list!!!

Flintstone65

For me it is effortless. I love the look and the feel. Get the original gold if interested which came out at Christmas 1958. Should be able to find one for less than $10.
Definite +1. My first use of mine was today, and it’s not just a looker, but also an excellent shaver!!!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Had a great shave this morning this GEMonday with my newly acquired GEM Damaskeene 1912>1915 and it is a great razor and forgiving & smooth IMO.
GEMonday April 15 (2).jpg

Have some great GEM shaves!

OC Dammy. First shave with this guy, mild but effective as the consensus seems to be. Easier handling than some and overall a great shave. Soap (My Father's Face #2? Mango-Lemongrass) was one of a series i made three years ago and it's aged phenomenally well. No idea of the formula at this point. Hate when that happens. H/T to Tom for the Dammy.
IMG_20190415_083824-01.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom