What's new

Micromatic Monday

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, Aug31st, 2021

Razor: Everready 1914,(LLC), Mfg 1914-17, excellent mid range, 1st generation blade stops(bit intimidating), great results from this razor, very good audio feedback.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) excellent blade.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Chianti's synthetic, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm with 2 drops of HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my ER 1914 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD,  Aug 301st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

GEMonday, Sept 6th, 2021

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 Parade with a baton handle, Mfg 1943 variant, great handle design, excellent razor head proven with time.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Lavanda cream, nice very mild scent & excellent lather qualities+ great protection(I have not had a weeper with this cream)
Brush: Yaqi Dandelion 24mm cashmere knot :001_wub: excellent with creams, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel to clean skin + Lavanda aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm. (Experimenting with CeraVe moisturizer, last minute change from Nivea balm)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 Parade with the baton handle with a coated Gem SS blade.
SOTD,  Sep 6th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Gem Feather Weight, Onyx
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20201220_080023.jpg

First time shaving with a Micromatic on a Monday in a long time!

Good to see you on the thread!

Micromatic for me - the bullet tip, Gem PTFE (3)
Ever-Ready brush - a vintage drugstore cheapie, top notch
Soaps: prep with a shave brother's tribute to vintage Williams Mug, shave lather by Murphy&McNeil Ouroboros
After: Proraso Green
BCB40715-81DF-48A5-A1B7-C9DF97F08981.jpeg

This was a side-by-side shave with a September slant over on the left side. Now that I have reduced my already minimal summer beard to just a goatee I can take those long end-zone to end-zone barber strokes. Fast shave!

Ron R

MMMonday,SEptember 13th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic clog Pruf(Peerless 17 nib SB model),Mfg 1945, excellent mid range, built to last generations, great razor to use when blade use count gets high or any time. Brass construction and Micromatics where way ahead of the competition for TTO at first introduction 1930.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sage & cedarwood. nice scent with a little clove, great lather qualities. I Load soap with damp brush from my bowl more pastier and then wet the face apply and wet as needed seems to work the best, total bowl lathering with it is finicky I have found. Nice soap regardless.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Artic sky knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum with Sandal wood :001_wub: + a tiny dollop of CeraVe balm.(great stuff + scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:excellent shave with my Micromatic Clog Pruf (Peerless model) and a coated Gem blade.
SOTD,  Sep 13th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: GEM 1912, chrome (nickel?) plated with the hexagonal(?) handle; circa 1928?
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (12)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

This morning's shave on < 2 days of growth. BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, and no nicks or irritation. Perfect results again with the GEM.

I had forgotten that it is SEptember, and this is my first time using a GEM this month. I had a long, successful run with a Gillette TV Special Super Speed that took my focus away from GEMs.

Razor: Gem Push-Button Gold
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210912_083419.jpg

My gold Shovelhead re-emerged from its days in the quarantined den. Shave 4 (pass 2) on the ready-loaded PTFE. But a Merkur Super Slant bookended today's GemMonday action.

Prep: Col Conk Amber / Omega 10065
Shave: Murphy&McNeil Ouroboros/ Ever-Ready 139 badger
After: witch hazel and Col Conk Lime After-Shave Cologne
6EAAAA5A-93C3-4601-9450-35D28232AC64.jpeg

Ron R

I had a great shave with the Gem Featherweight deluxe today. Oddly when I first started shaving with SEs I couldn't stand the look of the Featherweight. Now I love the way it looks. Interesting how tastes can change over time.
Hello Greg, As has been said a few times on this forum, set down the razor you don't get a long with it and revisit at a different later date time to see if you can enjoy it later. I had one razor I did that method with and was finally able to get some nice shaves from it.

Top Bottom