20210607_162436~2.jpg

Razor: GEM MMOC (w/Bumps)
Blade: Personna GEM (5)
Brush: TurnNShave 25mm Quartermoon
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

Superb shave! :cool:

Razor: GEM 1912, chrome (nickel?) plated with the hexagonal(?) handle; circa 1928?
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (4)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3 synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Today's great GEM shave on < two days of growth. BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. No nicks, but some burning under the nose on the ATG pass, like my last couple shaves with DEs. I'll try a different soap next time and see if it helps.

Micromatic Mon 14 SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 8th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice lather from the soap. The scent is good plus creamy and slick too...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth and comfortable in 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Aftershaves were excellent.
20210614_123801.jpg

Happy Micromatic Monday!
Today, I used MMOC #1 “Gateway”. I find the MMOC to be an excellent shaver, it is very efficient and if used with the correct angle and light pressure a very smooth shave is easy. Caution: if you screw up the angle/pressure, the MMOC will help you learn from your mistakes.
8887FF88-1694-48A3-A796-F7E35FF1E3E0.jpeg
640F17D6-0445-408F-8158-E84785FCB5CD.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, June 14th 2021

Razor: Gem Junior bar- Mfg 1907-11, excellent tame mid range razor, great carefree shave today, I get a lot of performance with a fairly new blade from this work of art razor. Good daily driver IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) Very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable blade.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice light Tabaco scent with vanilla scent + excellent lather conditions.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter. 24 mm is a good size knot or smaller for a badger, this brush is not a lather hog IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap with a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.

MMMonday, June 14th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom