What's new

Micromatic Monday

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, March 1st 2021-Gem 1912 anniversary of its patent on Feb 27th, great different 1912 razor models over the decades.

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 Parade with baton taper handle- MFG 1943, excellent mid range, I really enjoy this razor with tapered handle & receive stellar results.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) Excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely + very predictable+ great longevity.
Soap: Speick- very nice spicy scent with great lather qualities, good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm tuxedo knot with black marble handle :001_wub: its one of those brushes you just very much enjoy in all respects to a great brush. I have a lot of their brushes yet this one has the perfect loft and feel of doing its job perfect this morning.
Pre shave: Brush washed face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS.DFS.BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my Gem 1912 JR Parade with tapered handle + a gem coated blade.
MMMonday, Mar 1st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
Razor: Treet - Baton Handle (Black)
Blade: GEM - Carbon (6)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Black/White handle & Oumo Knot
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Saponificio Bignoli -Liquirizia e Menta
Aftershave: Stirling Glacial Obsidian (Splash)
Additional Care:
Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Lotion EX

88817A1D-FACF-45CF-8C86-9F6BF3EFDC6A.jpeg

Trick or Treet?

My shaves just keep getting better and better. Lately I’ve been using zero pressure, almost negative, on my razor and my shaves have stepped up a whole new level. BBS+ shaves with no friction heat anywhere. I’ve also been making a point of keeping the heads of my ASR’s flatter against my face. I keep thinking “no pressure and ultra flat angle, that ain’t going to take me down to bare skin”, but it’s been giving me extraordinary results. My six shave GEM Carbon blade (20 strops each use) is so smooth it doesn’t even register in my consciousness.

These Treet razors have that “clog pruf” style safety bar. Does it make a difference from the 1912 style combs? I really can’t say because I’ve been getting such nice shaves on everything I’ve picked up as of late.

Liquorice soap and aftershave...intoxicating.

“salutant te qui ad radi”

March 1st:

Pulled out an old friend, that's been neglected since the Rex arrived, to knock down a good 3 days worth of growth.
MMOC / Persona GEM PTFE (# unknown)
Tabac Original / 30mm Tuxedo
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Tabac Original Splash
Tabac Original Balm

Awesome 2-Pass BBS Shave (ATG followed by WTG for clean-up), and then hit the back of the neck. Great way to begin the work week, and love the lasting smell of Tabac....ahh.

20200524_084120.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior The Parade Baton Handle
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
It's Fred's birthday?? Have a happy day, Fred!

Anyways, I did shave this morning. It is the height of ski season, so this shave was scheduled for this evening, but skiing was cancelled for a dental appointment which in turn was cancelled because, and I quote, "we have no suction".

Rolled a die, my "rescue" MMOC won with 'snake eye'. I fed it the perfect treat, a GEM PTFE (5).
6B2ADA67-0BFA-4C6A-B4B6-D09C3A900F1B.jpeg

This little puppy's first owner didn't give it a caring home. One blade in the USED BLADES slot, four still wrapped in the NEW BLADES holder.

Otherwise, I sprang a lime shave in today's springtime weather. (Where did the ice, snow, and blizzards go? It took me a full hour to dig out of the ski area parking lot twice in the last two weeks. Today is blue skies and high 50s in town. But plenty of snow on the mountain! :thumbup1:)

15630BAB-1DB4-44F4-8661-E06C5F2B40E3.jpeg

Prep: Col Conk Lime
Lather: RazoRock Lime puck
Brush: Rubberset 153, slowly breaking in, eats lather and scratches, maybe it is a rescue pet pig. At least it doesn't shed all over the place. I'm giving it plenty of love, should be housebroken soon.
After: I finally decanted my Lime Sec to glass
Shave clutter: courtesy of yours truly and sons 2 and 3

Yeah, it is easy to get a comfortable and close MMOC shave on only 12 hours of stubble. Time for a long bike ride.

Mon SE SOTD
Soap B&M Cheshire 1st Use👍👍👍
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor GEM Clog Pruf👍👍👍
Blade GEM Stainless 14th Use👍👍👍
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
1st use of the soap sample and ohh boy...the scent is amazing even before lathering. Gorgeous and awesome good strength scent! The lather is beautifully creamy and slick too, and as usual, I made way too much...will keep it for the next day. Excellent soap this!! Will sure be on my list now!
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was fantastic! I strop the blade prior and wow...crisply smooth and so comfortable for 3passes, even for the usual problem area atg pass on chin & lips with this SE razor. Very close mostly bbs result previously never achieved with the razor. No weepers, creepers nor irritation. Excellent aftershave. Rating 10/10!
At this rate...I may not have to buy more GEM blades...hahaha
View attachment 1230087
View attachment 1230088

That's a beautiful Clog Pruf. Almost looks like it's on its maiden voyage.

March 1, 2021

Brush:
Zenith B2 (B03-A26)
Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade: GEM PTFE (9)
Lather: Wickham Soap Co. - Irish Fern - Soap
Post Shave: Zingari - Unscented - Balm

My first time using a Wickham soap. Wonderful scent!

I have a tub of the Wickham Irish Fern too. It is a fantastic scent

Top Bottom