What's new

Micromatic Monday

Playing "Shave Roulette" and rolled the Pushbutton for tomorrow. A trifle bummed since these came in yesterday.
PXL_20201129_194317594.jpg

Gen. 2 black handled Featherweight and GEM Junior lather catcher.

So... What's the difference between the "GEM Junior" lather catcher with the bar and the "GEM Junior Bar"? One has "GEM Junior Bar" engraved/stamped on the back and the other (pictured above) has only "GEM Junior".

Micromatic Mon 30th SOTD 1st Use of the GEM Clog Pruf thanks @Tanuki !!!!
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Chronos
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic
The Goodfellas Smile Chronos AS
Great lather from the soap. Creamy, slick and very nice scent.
1st use of razor with the blade was very good. Quite smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes and result in a mostly bbs feel. Saw some creepers. Excellent post & aftershaves.
Another wow GEM razor similar to the Junior. Easy to use and although can't do a direct wtg under the nose but xtg and atg on the upper lips area are breezy. Rating 9.7/10
20201130_090507.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Nov30th,2020

Razor: Gem Flyingwing, MMFW, MMBT, Guiding eye......Mfg-1947-50, Mildest & heaviest of the Micromatics, Mid range, Excellent daily driver.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) Excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Proraso green, nice soap for a change, mild eucalyptus scent, menthol with good protection.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- I have been using this one for the last 3.5 years and it is a good brush, soft tips, good scrub IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of Proraso balm(eucalyptus).
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with MMFW with a Gem SS PTFE Blade.
MMMonday, Nov 30th, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20200705_081613.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Gold Flying Wing Guiding Eye
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
She is worn and frazzled but still delivers a great shave!

Just a dedicated Shovelhead, reporting in late.

So much travel, I broke down and finally unpackaged my alternate travel brush:
an Omega 10086 quad B - Black Bigger Bambino Boar.

C10F493A-E695-46A7-97E2-8D2B8D57BFFD.jpeg

Supporting cast:
>Prep and brush break in - Col Conk Amber
>Palmolive stick
>GEM PTFE (4)
>Alum, Jack Black Beard Lube as a balm, Captain's Choice Land Ho

Not fully dolphin smooth, but a very fast, close shave. This new travel brush will need more break in.

Almost December. Chins up, longer daylight is coming.

I like Le Père Lucien soaps. What is the scent profile like on "Traditionnel"?

I'm a fan after just one shave, of both the soap base and this scent!

Cribbed from a seller's web site:

"The barber’s soap Traditional contains a blend of 10 essential oils selected not only for their safety, but also for their soothing, astringent and antibacterial properties. Its eucalyptus lavender, thyme and rosemary fragrance evokes the scent of plants from a Provence garden."

...and I agree, rosemary, lavender and thyme are prominent in a good way, strong, but not overpowering, it might even be good as a poultry rub ;)

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
That was a great Micromatic Monday (aka GEMonday)....thank you all! I'm late posting, but it was a truly stellar shave for me. The hardware and software makes my "all-time favorites" list: the Gem Feather Weight, Gem SS PTFE blade, B&M 2020 Hallows, and Yaqi brown knot in rainbow handle. 2 passes plus a spot-touch-up landed me a DFS+ with no blood, no irritation and no post-shave sensitivity....just a great shave!

proxy.php

Top Bottom