Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (2)
Brush: Yaqi - Rainbow 26mm
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Sapinificio Varesino - Desert Vetiver
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Reserve - Classic

39D768C8-011F-41F6-B6BA-BD8F484A158D.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.9/10
Hi-Ho Silver...bullet tip
Actually, its my white, bullet tip flying wing, and one of my very favorite “go to” razors. It always gives me a smooth irritation free shave. Shaves comfortably against the grain and can get up close and personal inside my nostrils. The acute Personna blade was only on its second shave, so it took me down to a nice BBS toot-sweet

Last edited:
PXL_20201123_152212985-01.jpeg

Bullet Tip for me today as well.
GEM Persona SS PTFE
MWF
CRV
Pinaud Clubman

I picked up the Bullet Tip a while ago, gave it a shot, but was underwhelmed. I pulled it out today again thinking it was going to be a "farewell shave" for this razor. But I was very surprised to get a great BBS result in three comfortable passes. My hand tends to slide up the handle towards the head, but that's manageable.

Guess I'll hang onto this razor a bit longer...

PSX_20201122_073734.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior with brass bulldog handle
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

I tipped my hand last night, but I was pretty pumped about getting a largely complete Standard Outfit. Why do I enjoy century old promotional materials so much? What bigger thrill as a razor hunter than walking into a vintage joint, greeted by the words: "I just put some nice shaving kits out."?

Prep Col Conk mentholated Amber
E-R 1914 - GEM PTFE (3)
RazoRock Green / Omega 11047 Tasso & Setola
adidas Dynamic Pulse

9B884374-14CC-4C84-AE18-271A2BE2CFB8.jpeg

Great googly-moogly, a very close and very enjoyable shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing (White Bullet Tip) 1950
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (2)
Brush: Yaqi - Rainbow 26mm
Lather: Sapinificio Varesino - Desert Vetiver
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Reserve - Classic

39D768C8-011F-41F6-B6BA-BD8F484A158D.jpeg

Hi-Ho Silver...bullet tip
Actually, its my white, bullet tip flying wing, and one of my very favorite “go to” razors. It always gives me a smooth irritation free shave. Shaves comfortably against the grain and can get up close and personal inside my nostrils. The acute Personna blade was only on its second shave, so it took me down to a nice BBS toot-sweet
Some nice shaving gear with a interesting backdrop photo.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Micromatic Monday

Razor: GEM MMOC (with bumps)
Blade: Personna GEM (3)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash Handle (TNS 26mm BOSS v1 Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Post-shave care: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Fragrance: Shades of Blue for Men EdT Spray (Belcam version of Light Blue Pour Homme)

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Outstanding shave! :)

Attachments

• 20201122_210632~2.jpg
    20201122_210632~2.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 5
Razor: Ever-Ready 1924 Shovelhead (brass)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (3)
Brush: Spiffo - Alezeh (High Mountain White SHD-Fan) 26mm
Lather: Noble Otter - Barrbarr
Aftershave: Noble Otter - Monarch

AF250CDD-0F4C-4A22-B7C7-9A1F2A19EA5B.jpeg

If it’s been snowing...break out the Shovelhead
71700B6E-D82D-42F8-A0DC-941B0EFCD9B5.jpeg

My Shovelhead just seemed like the correct razor for today.
I had the Noble Otter Barrbarr lather whipped up to perfection along with a keen edged Personna blade and got the job done.
I haven’t used a Shovelhead in a while, so I wasn’t used to the audible feedback it produces. Super close BBS shave with nary a nick or irritation.
The best part of this mornings shave was the lathering. It felt so good I didn’t want to stop. For some reason, the super high density fan knot produced a suction on my face while I was making circular scrubbing motions. I could feel it lifting the whiskers straight up and seriously coating them. The brush actually made a suctioning “pop” when I lifted it off my face. I’ve never experienced this feeling before while lathering, and it felt magnificent! I believe the high density of the knot helped produce that “airtight” phenomenon. At least it was new to me. Now I want that feeling all the time.

Snow=Shovel Shave=Shovelhead

Last edited:

I had the Noble Otter Barrbarr lather whipped up to perfection along with a keen edged Personna blade and got the job done.
I haven’t used a Shovelhead in a while, so I wasn’t used to the audible feedback it produces. Super close BBS shave with nary a nick or irritation.
The best part of this mornings shave was the lathering. It felt so good I didn’t want to stop. For some reason, the super high density fan knot produced a suction on my face while I was making circular scrubbing motions. I could feel it lifting the whiskers straight up and seriously coating them. The brush actually made a suctioning “pop” when I lifted it off my face. I’ve never experienced this feeling before while lathering, and it felt magnificent! I believe the high density of the knot helped produce that “airtight” phenomenon. At least it was new to me. Now I want that feeling all the time.

What is that white stuff all over the place??

It was probably from its bath in snow making the bristles that much more perky.

Just a moment of thanks for Twelvefret starting this thread and the stalwarts (too numerous to list, you know who you are) for giving it life. Happy Thanksgiving all!
Hear! Hear! Well said!!!!! :thumbup1:

I second, third and forth that.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, Nov27th 2020

Razor: Gem Clog Pruf (Peerless model 17nib safety bar)- Mfg 1945, Excellent mid range, built to last and a joy to use!
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) excellent blade, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bay rum & Sandal wood :001_wub: -excellent protection and nice Bayrum with clove and sandal wood, homerun for now.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky knot 24mm- WoW for a new addition to my brush den, excellent lather creator, nice gentle scrubber with heavenly cloud like soft tips for painting. A new generation type of synthetic that is just wonderful for me. Very enjoyable shave.
Pre shave:Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala bay rum with Sandal wood :001_wub: + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my Gem Clog Pruf and a coated Gem SS blade.
SE SOTD, Fri, Nov27th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Star 1912
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (4)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Lather: Arsenal Grooming - Cabaret
Aftershave: PAA - Atomic Bay Rum
5418C503-C1D4-4002-B266-069EFA4389AB.jpeg

1812 or 1912? One was a war, the other is a razor.
This park was built on the old Arsenal lands, so it’s only fitting I shaved with a soap from Arsenal Grooming.
EAA4746B-27F8-48AE-A49C-25C2DC8A9D0A.jpeg

The STAR 1912 gave me a perfect shave. I think I like the feel of the 1912 over the Shovelhead. On the fourth shave, this Personna blade has just hit its sweet spot. Even with a BBS, this Arsenal soap left my face feeling healthy and natural like I didn’t even shave today.

Sun 29th SOTD Using New GEM Junior (Can't wait till Monday)
Soap Rasozero Barbacco
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Badger
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Special Thayers
Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Nice lather from the soap. Too mild a scent but thick creamy and slick quality. The brush feels plush and was awesome
1st shave with razor paired with blade. Wow...!!! It was way smoother and much more comfortable compare to the GEM Push Button. So smooth that I can go ATG on the upper lips area. 3passes for a mostly BBS result! Wow indeed. Saw some minor creepers later though. Excellent post & aftershaves.
Rating 9.5/10.
Absolutely enjoyed using this GEM Junior...beautiful razor and shaves wonderfully!!
20201129_003854.jpg

20201129_121541.jpg

Top Bottom