Pre-shave: Pinaud Clubman Shave Oil
Razor: GEM Featherweight Deluxe
Blade: Personna GEM (4)
Razor (Touchups): Schick Eversharp G8 Injector
Blade (Touchups): Schick (5)
Brush: RazoRock Barrel (24mm Silvertip)
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Fragrance: Shades Of Blue For Men EdT Spray (Belcam Version Of Light Blue Pour Homme)

Additional post-shave skin care:
20200923_124752~2.jpg

Main shave with the outstanding GEM Featherweight Deluxe + touch-up pass with the Schick Eversharp G8.

Smooth and close. Outstanding shave! :)

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Micromatic Monday Approaches!!! Given that it's under 2 hours away from my time zone, this message is a touch on the late side. :blush: I also want to remind everyone that it's also OCtober. The GEMs (and its relatives) really don't have a lot of open comb choices for us; but they do have a few, so I want to encourage everyone to use one of those. I'm not sure if it'll be the MMOC or an OC Damaskeene for me, or perhaps a Star lather catcher....decisions, decisions.

See you all shortly (1 hour and 42 minutes to go)!!!

Mon 5 Gem SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water & Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Excellent soap with quality creamy and slick lather. Really nice orangy scent and cooling sensation
3rd shave with this SE razor and blade was kinda uncomfortable. Can feel the blade is not sharp resulting in some not so smooth passes especially atg. Still managed 3passes but with 2 tiny dots of creepers...not too bad. DFS++ result.
Excellent post and aftershaves. Rating 9/10
20201004_234138.jpg

20201005_093109.jpg

Razor: GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip Flying Wing with Guiding Eye
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (6)
Brush: Simpson Berkeley 46 Best Badger
Soap: Stirling Coniferous

Morning shave after two and a half days of growth. Easy and perfect BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes; no nicks, cuts, or irritation. It doesn't get any better than this. GEMs are becoming my go-to razors after not shaving for a couple days: the heavy SE blade really mows down the stubble.

I flipped the blade for shave #6 today after five shaves - not sure if that is why today's shave was so great. That said, I definitely prefer this Bullet Tip to the G-Bar - the shave is closer and less harsh at the same time.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, OCtober5, 2020

Razor: Gem Damaskeene open comb- MFG 1912-15, very nice lower Mid range razor, this razor & improved Variant's made GEM MFG prosper for decades.
Soap: Proraso Red Sandalwood, nice mild scent, with great slickness for protection.
Brush:Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot syn Sagrada Familia- Excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips for lather painting.
Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandalwood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my Gem Damaskeene 1912, the real McCoy 1912. Winter comes along my beard gets drier and tougher it seems. Results get weaker IMO.
MMMonday, OCtober 5th, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & Think safe in these times!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
OCtober 2020 #5
Tabactober 2020 #4
Micromatic Monday
20201005_141303~2.jpg

Primary Razor: GEM MMOC (Bumps)
Blade: Personna GEM (5)
Touch-up Razor: Schick Type E
Blade: Schick (9)
Brush: @Rudy Vey AS3M Dark Knight (Shavemac 26/52 D01-3 Band)
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave/Fragrance: @OkieStubble Bootlegger's El Dorado

Great shave. :)

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
So Delta was a bit more heavy handed in my neck of the woods than the previous hurricane (Laura), and my power just returned. I had a cold shave with a flashlight last night -- interesting experience....not one I was looking forward to repeating. But the sun is up, the power came on 30 minutes ago, AND Micromatic Monday Approaches!!!

I'm not sure what it'll be for me yet....maybe an OC Damaskeen or perhaps an MMOC. It will be an open comb given that we're still in OCtober -- at least I think we are, the last few weeks have been a blur.

So Delta was a bit more heavy handed in my neck of the woods than the previous hurricane (Laura), and my power just returned. I had a cold shave with a flashlight last night -- interesting experience....not one I was looking forward to repeating. But the sun is up, the power came on 30 minutes ago, AND Micromatic Monday Approaches!!!

I'm not sure what it'll be for me yet....maybe an OC Damaskeen or perhaps an MMOC. It will be an open comb given that we're still in OCtober -- at least I think we are, the last few weeks have been a blur.
It's good to know all is well with you, Fred. I am thinking Gem lather catcher for tomorrow.
Stay safe, dry and well all!

BMMOC for me tomorrow.

Also in for the bumpless brassy MMOC tomorrow. And the Tabac, even if I'm not posting to Tabactober.

I had a cold shave with a flashlight last night

And if power is out for the day (highly unlikely), I'm NOT shaving after dark! There is BOSC-crazy, then there is Louisiana-crazy. Dogs, hurricanes, emergency response, ambassadorial responsibilities, CTO (Chief Thread Officer), thread statistician. Just writing that down was exhausting...

Top Bottom