Razor: GEM Featherweight Deluxe
Blade: Personna GEM (3)
Brush: PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Speick Cream
Aftershave: Speick
Fragrance: Cella Milano Eau de Lavande Cologne

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

This is a great combination that delivers wonderful shaves! Comfortable and smooth. Great post-shave face feel.

Simply outstanding! 👍

Sorry to read about the bad shave, @GAW9576 Photo of the accomplices looks awesome, though.

Thank you. I really do like this razor and I believe it's a 1900 which is the same year my house was built. Plus the handle is quite special to me. It's a shell casing from the Honor guard at my Grandfathers funeral. The brush is from a PIF that @Graydog did and the soap was a gift from another member of the forums who has become a good friend. It all should have made for a great shave. But like I said, You can't win them all.

Micromatic Monday
SEptember 2020 #7
Speicktember 2020 #5
View attachment 1158263
Razor: GEM Featherweight Deluxe
Blade: Personna GEM (3)
Brush: PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Speick Cream
Aftershave: Speick
Fragrance: Cella Milano Eau de Lavande Cologne

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

This is a great combination that delivers wonderful shaves! Comfortable and smooth. Great post-shave face feel.

Simply outstanding! 👍

Great photo and gear. That's a Beautiful Featherweight Deluxe.

Razor: GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip Flying Wing with Guiding Eye
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (4)
Brush: Vulfix Super Badger; forgotten model number
Soap: Tabac

Tonight's shave on almost a day and a half of stubble. BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, and no nicks or cuts. However, the Tabac lather was lacking in slickness this time, probably because I didn't let it sit with warm water on top for a few minutes before shaving like I usually do (that is a trick I learned from using Williams soap). So I had to re-lather more than usual for the ATG pass, and my face felt and looked a little bit windburned, but overall, it was a good shave.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I really do like this razor and I believe it's a 1900 which is the same year my house was built. Plus the handle is quite special to me. It's a shell casing from the Honor guard at my Grandfathers funeral. The brush is from a PIF that @Graydog did and the soap was a gift from another member of the forums who has become a good friend.

The whole setup has an amazing pedigree. That’s awesome!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s Micromatic Monday was a shameful ganging up of my GEM Micromatic Open Comb and my stubble. They grabbed a GEM PTFE blade, shoved its face into puddle of Stirling lather and mockingly bellowed “Stop dulling yourself! Stop dulling yourself!”

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
It was a busy day, but I did manage to get in a very nice GEMonday shave. The GEM Damaskeene (closed comb) is a great shaver.....it's balance between comfort, ease-of-use, and efficiency is perfect to me. The SV Manna di Sicilia is such a nice performing soap, and while the badger in this C-Mon reproduction isn't great -- it's floppier than I'd like....earth worms have more backbone :laugh: -- the combination of great lather and razor made for a great shave. I could've stopped at 2-passes, but I threw a 3rd pass in since I knew the Dammy wouldn't punish me for over-indulging.
proxy.php

It was a busy day, but I did manage to get in a very nice GEMonday shave. The GEM Damaskeene (closed comb) is a great shaver.....it's balance between comfort, ease-of-use, and efficiency is perfect to me. The SV Manna di Sicilia is such a nice performing soap, and while the badger in this C-Mon reproduction isn't great -- it's floppier than I'd like....earth worms have more backbone :laugh: -- the combination of great lather and razor made for a great shave. I could've stopped at 2-passes, but I threw a 3rd pass in since I knew the Dammy wouldn't punish me for over-indulging.
proxy.php
It seems to me, given the angle we shave at, that these are functionally open combed razors. Am I wrong?

Gentlemens...I would like to join all of you with my just received 1st SE a Gem Push-Button courtesy from a very very generous and kind member of another forum. He sends this SE razor all the way from the USA to my place...FOC! I dunno what to say except express my gratitude and thankfulness to him and the shaving community.
To me....this is an excellent looking Gem. The kind member also included 10 Gem blades in a case...WOW! Speechless.....
Is this only happening for Monday?
20200923_150613.jpg

20200923_150050.jpg

Gentlemens...I would like to join all of you with my just received 1st SE a Gem Push-Button courtesy from a very very generous and kind member of another forum. He sends this SE razor all the way from the USA to my place...FOC! I dunno what to say except express my gratitude and thankfulness to him and the shaving community.
To me....this is an excellent looking Gem. The kind member also included 10 Gem blades in a case...WOW! Speechless.....
View attachment 1158812
View attachment 1158813

Very cool. The Pushbutton is a great razor. Keep in mind that the first shave or two with a new Gem blade can be a little on the harsh side. ( the Pushbutton is a milder razor so this should be less of a problem. ) After that they mellow out and give very good shaves. I typically get 10 to 12 shaves out of a blade. Some people get more.

This thread was started for Monday shaves with Micromatics. It then expanded to all Gem razors any day of the week. And eventually expanded to all of the American Safety Razor ( ASR ) razors that take either Gem blades Or wedge blades.

We look forward to your shave reports.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Wed, Sept23rd 2020

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st Generation:001_wub:- Mfg 1950-52, 2nd Gen1952-54(different cap), excellent lower mid range, great results 98%+.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Excellent blade, good longevity, very sharp, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Razorock Irsh Countryside - mild scent with excellent lather qualities- very slick IMO.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic - excellent at making great lather + cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results:CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent Shave with my Gem Featherweight 1st Gen.

SE SOTD, Wed. Sept 23 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

View attachment 1158812
View attachment 1158813
Great razor. You’re going to love it.
Whats next? GEM Flying Wing? G-Bar? MM Clog Pruf?

Micromatic Wednesday

Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf (silver)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (10)
Brush: La Maison du Barbier: Plisson 23mm
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Barrister and Mann: Diamond (Soft Heart)
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Diamond (Soft Heart) Splash

Additional Care:
Innisfree No-Sebum Face Powder
00441332-5359-48E0-8760-2C333C432F9A.jpeg

Stolen Clog Pruf a Diamond in the Rough
I know, I know! I already have the brass version of this razor, so why bother with exact thing in silver?
Well, I’ll tell you! It was mistreated, unloved and unwanted, sitting on eBay for a song with no bids. Looked terrible! The plating looked worn and the razor was caked in crap. So I stole it for a song.
When it arrived the opening mechanism was ceased and the cap was jammed shut. Oh oh!

Warm water, dish soap and a toothbrush brought this razor back to perfection. Fully operable and shining with no plating loss!

It rewarded me with unconditional love and gave me a perfect shave even though the blade was on its tenth outing. I did use my super slick “Soft Heart” lather to help out, but I got a silky smooth BBS from that fore lorn, unloved razor that had become lost in the system. I’ve already got all the adoption papers signed and filed.

Stay Safe

Razor: Kampfe Bros. Star H-R14B Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna GEM Carbon Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200922_081811.jpg

1st Gem Push Button Shave 23.9
Razor
Gem Push Button
Blade Gem Stainless
Soap Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Post & Aftershave
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Can't wait...!!! Disinfect razor and shave at night...hahahaha.
3 full passes. Surprisingly smooth and comfortable the razor and blade combo...Together with the nice slick lather...very good results...bbs to dfs...
I like this SE shaving
I really like this Vintage Gem..!!
I am interested to get more...hahaha
20200923_200307.jpg

20200923_201909.jpg

20200924_013845.jpg

Razor
Gem Push Button
Blade Gem Stainless
Post & Aftershave
Special Thayers Mix
3 full passes. Surprisingly smooth and comfortable the razor and blade combo...Together with the nice slick lather...very good results...bbs to dfs...
I like this SE shaving
View attachment 1158988
View attachment 1158989
View attachment 1158996
uWXDBmVYdByWreOuRs.gif

Razor
Gem Push Button
Blade Gem Stainless
Post & Aftershave
Special Thayers Mix
I like this SE shaving
View attachment 1158988
View attachment 1158989
View attachment 1158996

Glad you had a great shave. And nice razor stand.

Top Bottom