What's new

Micromatic Monday

I'm on an Ever-Ready 1914 kick. 😎

Lots of 1914 action on this thread lately. I even picked up a nice cased 1914 this week.
76931D26-F596-4B81-96D7-29AB59571C38.jpeg

But my other 1914 got two Mondays in a row. Time to add a decade. I'm missing my 1924 Shovelheads.

My brassy gold Shovelhead is ready to go! I even did the classic 1924 move of trying to load my Pal Blue Carbon backwards, but I turned that around.

I'm staged for two Shovelhead passes, Wunderbar clean up, and out the door for a short post-smoke coastal vacation. Surf's up.

Late shave yesterday, light shave early today

Two pass, 1924 E-R Shovelhead with PAL Blue Carbon (9) at end-of-life, then Wunderbar with a Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (2). Contrast. The SOC cherry boar could barely be trusted not to eat all the lather, but I got through two passes.

667AB354-E4DA-4614-9C55-3A132685AFD3.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Sept 21st 2020

Razor: Micromatic open comb(bumps)-MFG 1930-2 bumbless,1932-41 bump shims, excellent mid range.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) Excellent blade, longevity, very sharp, smooths out over # shaves, predictable......
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- very excellent soap for protection with a mild scent of bayrum.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm syn with black marble handle - It just feels great in my hand + cloud like soft tips :001_wub: .
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG +ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor(Adventis)with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my MMOC.
MMMonday, Sept 21st 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Late shave yesterday, light shave early today

Two pass, 1924 E-R Shovelhead with PAL Blue Carbon (9) at end-of-life, then Wunderbar with a Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (2). Contrast. The SOC cherry boar could barely be trusted not to eat all the lather, but I got through two passes.

View attachment 1158008
Nice combination of razors! :)

If I may.....what handle do you have on the Wunderbar?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
MMOC / Personna GEM (# Unknown)
Dove +Men Pre-Shave
RR What the Puck Lime / RR 26mm Monster
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Pinaud Yu (Mentholated)
Pacific Shaving Caffeinated AS Balm

The MMOC is simply fantastic on several days growth, having not shaved in over three days.
It's a 75mm x 12mm handle made by Tibam....I covet and stalk I just happen to know all some of @Tankui's 3rd party razor handles. I also know @Tanuki may be out for a bit hitting the waves, so I thought I'd answer. ;)

Razor: GEM Damaskeene Open Comb
Blade: GEM Blue Star carbon (4)
Brush: Vulfix: VLF-10 Boar & Badger 21mm
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Tabac Original
Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop (splash)

Additional Care:
HSSC Barber Shop (balm)
Stirling Barbershop EDT
Innisfree No-Sebum Face Powder

A51424D9-F984-41FB-B846-6B8D097C7744.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.8/10
Micromatic Monday Shave
I was feeling a bit conservative today so I settled on my open comb Damaskeene along with some traditional Tabac. I had my SS PTFE blade out but decided it seemed more proper to use a carbon blade with the Damaskeene.

The Carbon Blue Star is still shaving like a champion on its fourth outing. BBS with super soft and smooth post shave skin. Topped it all off with barbershop splash, balm and EDT. Loving that nice soft powdery smell.
I hadn’t really gotten the Vulfix badger/boar brush into my shaving rotation, but it seems to be excellent for face lathering, something I rarely do.

Everyone stay safe ... and smell as good as me.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razor: GEM Damaskeene Open Comb
Blade: GEM Blue Star carbon (4)
Brush: Vulfix: VLF-10 Boar & Badger 21mm
Pre-Shave: Face Scrub, Thayers, Hyaluronic Acid
Lather: Tabac Original
Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop (splash)

Additional Care:
HSSC Barber Shop (balm)
Stirling Barbershop EDT
Innisfree No-Sebum Face Powder

A51424D9-F984-41FB-B846-6B8D097C7744.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.8/10
Micromatic Monday Shave
I was feeling a bit conservative today so I settled on my open comb Damaskeene along with some traditional Tabac. I had my SS PTFE blade out but decided it seemed more proper to use a carbon blade with the Damaskeene.

The Carbon Blue Star is still shaving like a champion on its fourth outing. BBS with super soft and smooth post shave skin. Topped it all off with barbershop splash, balm and EDT. Loving that nice soft powdery smell.
I hadn’t really gotten the Vulfix badger/boar brush into my shaving rotation, but it seems to be excellent for face lathering, something I rarely do.

Everyone stay safe ... and smell as good as me.
Very nice Gem Damaskeene O.C you have there, considering the age it has held up well! I will have to try and get mine into service this week.(great with a new blade)

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Nice combination of razors! :)

If I may.....what handle do you have on the Wunderbar?
It's a 75mm x 12mm handle made by Tibam....I covet and stalk I just happen to know all some of @Tankui's 3rd party razor handles. I also know @Tanuki may be out for a bit hitting the waves, so I thought I'd answer. ;)
Grrrr, my apologies @cyberdog and @never-stop-learning -- my response was supposed to be attached to @never-stop-learning's question, and I got confused.....one of those days.

PSX_20200911_093440.jpg

Razor: Gem 1912 Damaskeene
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200920_080334.jpg

I love this razor and it usually shaves fantastic. However the blades let me down today. Or maybe my technique was just really off. I started with a 6th use Gem SS. It was tuggy and rough. I wetted down the Tabac a bit more thinking it may have just been a bit on the dry side. I also switched to a new Pal carbon and concentrated more on what I was doing. Another rough pass. Ended up with a fair bit of irritation on my neck. Oh well can't win them all.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Top Bottom