What's new

Micromatic Monday

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'll show up with my Gem Junior, but -- and I am embarrassed to admit this -- I don't know what makes a Gem Junior Parade, a Parade. Is it the baton handle, because I've seen folks refer to an all gold Gem Junior (including the small gold-washed handle) as a Parade?

Packaging, AFAIK. Might be any handle in there. When I found mine I was sure “The Parade” must be a department store chain.
78B301F1-8119-4CB9-B772-6DE880D3A4F5.jpeg

Grab a Junior and fake it!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Packaging, AFAIK. Might be any handle in there. When I found mine I was sure “The Parade” must be a department store chain.
View attachment 1104401
Grab a Junior and fake it!
They came with three handle styles, metal, thin bakelite and the baton bakelite. As far as I know the "parade set" marking was only on the box.
Thank you gentleman. As I am a fan of "fake it till you make it", I shall be there with my Gem Junior "Parade"!!!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday + GEMonday, some of the fellows are using ASR circa razors during Memorial day shaving tribute to the Huge sacrifices on US citizens and world wide citizens. 1st and 2nd pass I used the my 1912-15 Damaskeene (used in WW1)open comb followed by 3rd pass with my Micromatic 1945 (Peerless model) Clog Pruf. The regular Micromatic Clog Pruf (mfg 1949-43) & Damaskeene closed comb(mfg 1915-19) were razors that were used also by US soldiers on the battle fields & oceans during WW1 & WW2.
In Canada we take time to think about the fallen & wounded on Remembrance Day.(11th hr-11th day-11th month .)
1918-Damaskene-military-outfit.jpg

Razor: Gem Damaskeene open comb - Mfg 1912-15 getting very hard to find in the wild but they do come up.
Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf Peerless model -Mfg 1945 mid range razor that is well liked.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) great blade, very sharp,good longevity and does smooth out after a couple shaves.
Soap: Proraso red sandal wood.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic- great brush for lathering, splaying and scrubbing with some back bone.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave : Proraso red sandal wood aftershave lotion with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17:great shave with my Gem razors.
MMMonday May 25th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

MMMonday + GEMonday, some of the fellows are using ASR circa razors during Memorial day shaving tribute to the Huge sacrifices on US citizens and world wide citizens. 1st and 2nd pass I used the my 1912-15 Damaskeene (used in WW1)open comb followed by 3rd pass with my Micromatic 1945 (Peerless model) Clog Pruf. The regular Micromatic Clog Pruf (mfg 1949-43) & Damaskeene closed comb(mfg 1915-19) were razors that were used also by US soldiers on the battle fields & oceans during WW1 & WW2.

Have some great shaves!
My 1914 arrived thus.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom