What's new

Micromatic Monday

Here is my Micromatic Monday shave with the Gem chrome handle G-bar with a new Gem PTFE blade. Used the classic Razorock blue fougere soap and AS which I love.

I could remove 80% of my 48 hour growth in just the first pass. The chrome handle adds heft to the razor and is very well balanced with the right length to maneuver around the face. The bottom of the razor handle has the nice hook like formation and I found it amazing to keep my little finger against for short strokes as well for upward neck strokes. Very smooth two pass BBS shave !

Have a great week ahead Gents !
proxy.php

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
proxy.php

Last edited:
Here is my Micromatic Monday shave with the Gem chrome handle G-bar with a new Gem PTFE blade. Used the classic Razorock blue fougere soap and AS which I love.

I could remove 80% of my 48 hour growth in just the first pass. The chrome handle adds heft to the razor and is very well balanced with the right length to maneuver around the face. The bottom of the razor handle has the nice hook like formation and I found it amazing to keep my little finger against for short strokes as well for upward neck strokes. Very smooth two pass BBS shave !

Have a great week ahead Gents !
proxy.php

proxy.php

I like the handle on the G Bar for the same reasons. Thanks you for participating in Micromatic Monday. I'll be using mine in a bit myself.

I used my Bullet Tip with the Schick Twin again. This time against 4 days growth. I wanted to see if it would clog up. Didn't seem to be too much of an issue. First pass was a little slow, but it was quite a bit of growth for such a mild razor. Second pass was much quicker, and with a little cleanup I could have stopped there. But I chose to do a full third pass for a very nice DFS. Happy Micromatic Monday everyone!

ER 1912 Monday for me, first GEM shave. I liked it a lot so am probably going to acquire a Micromatic of some description. Very sharp and smooth, this PTFE blade. Will get some off Connaught today so I can become a long-term GEM user, along with my ATT SE1 and 6C. Three equally good systems, hard to choose - just different.

ER 1912 Monday for me, first GEM shave. I liked it a lot so am probably going to acquire a Micromatic of some description. Very sharp and smooth, this PTFE blade. Will get some off Connaught today so I can become a long-term GEM user, along with my ATT SE1 and 6C. Three equally good systems, hard to choose - just different.
Wow and thank you for joining in Micromatic Monday as your GEM maiden voyage.:shaving:

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Economies of scale.... either that or I'm a psychopath.....
I couldn't agree more! I just bought some blades from Connaught last night -- not the 200 bundle -- but enough for about a year, and if my razor-attention-deficit-disorder stays in check, I'm definitely going back for the 200 -- you absolutely cannot beat the price!

Flintstone65

By the way, I hope you guys are happy -- I just won a "lot" of Gems (my 2nd one) -- and I'm getting close to owning every model of Gem there is. The recent win contained a G-bar, which this thread has made me lust for until I finally broke down and got it. I am staying off Ebay for the foreseeable future (and I've been trying to stay away from the BST) -- I have over 50 razors now, most I haven't even had a first shave with -- this madness must stop!

On a less crazy note, I'll be posting up a pic of my MMCP shave later today.

By the way, I hope you guys are happy -- I just won a "lot" of Gems (my 2nd one) -- and I'm getting close to owning every model of Gem there is. The recent win contained a G-bar, which this thread has made me lust for until I finally broke down and got it. I am staying off Ebay for the foreseeable future (and I've been trying to stay away from the BST) -- I have over 50 razors now, most I haven't even had a first shave with -- this madness must stop!

On a less crazy note, I'll be posting up a pic of my MMCP shave later today.
Yes ! Some more saved from a land fill. That's good karma ! Post a photo of the stash ! That way everyone here gets searching for ones they don't have so far !

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like the handle on the G Bar for the same reasons. Thanks you for participating in Micromatic Monday. I'll be using mine in a bit myself.
Id like to join but my gear I bought has not arrived yet. Great thread !

Flintstone65

Yes ! Some more saved from a land fill. That's good karma ! Post a photo of the stash ! That way everyone here gets searching for ones they don't have so far !

That's exactly how I think of it too!!! I've got plans for a "group" photo as soon as everyone gets in and I get them cleaned up.

Very nice shave with my Bullet Tip, which turns out to become my most favorite GEM. The PTFE seems to just gets "broken in" with its second shave. It appeared to be sharper than on its first use...

Very nice shave with my Bullet Tip, which turns out to become my most favorite GEM. The PTFE seems to just gets "broken in" with its second shave. It appeared to be sharper than on its first use...
I find the Chrome G bar and the bullet tip very similar. Very smooth and refined !

I went with my Starling v. 2.0 today. It was crying for me to use it so the Junior will get it's turn tomorrow :). I used the SB this time, the OC got the nod last time. Another BBS shave with no AS sting, and I used Avon, which can burn like fire, :bayrum2:

Top Bottom