What's new

Micromatic Monday

damn..... had I known that would have used this morn!!!!!

but then again maybe should have read the engraving in the back!!!!!

be well

camo

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I will be shaving late today but wanted to mention that today is the anniversary of the patent of the Ever-Ready 1914. So I will be using the Wonderful Ever-Ready 1914 AKA Little lather catcher today.
Who else will join me in celebrating these beautiful razors?
Great catch on that patent day! I'm still feeling smooth from yesterday, but I can't let this slip by, so I'll be joining you -- even if it's just a short shave.

damn..... had I known that would have used this morn!!!!!

but then again maybe should have read the engraving in the back!!!!!

be well

camo

Great catch on that patent day! I'm still feeling smooth from yesterday, but I can't let this slip by, so I'll be joining you -- even if it's just a short shave.

I really don't need to shave today but I will be loading a blade and doing a pass or two. I'm sure I'll have at least a little stubble to be knocked down. Hope you join in just for fun Camo. And thanks for the support Fred.

I did it... a fine, close shave.
D61B3FBA-075A-4A6A-AAF7-271E2457B529.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tuesday March 24th 2020, Tribute shave to Everyready 1914 razor that was enjoyed by millions. Excellent razor for it's time and today.

Razor : Everready 1914 Little Lather catcher(LLC)- MFG 1914-17, 1917-29-Patent date March 24th 1914!
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (8)
Soap : Gillette Pro with some left over RR "The Dead Sea "
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm "Sagarda Familia"
Pre shave : Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Postshave: Proraso green with witch Hazel+ Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation 1 blemish weeper= :a17: great shave!

SOTD, Tue March 24 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Thanks to everyone hew joined me in celebrating these fantastic razors on the anniversary of their patent date.

Here is my late in the day contribution.
Ever-Ready 1914 little lather catcher
Meijer branded SS blade 2nd use
Cold water rinse
Cold water lathered Cyril R Salter wild rose
SHD Two band badger in custom handle by me
Cold water rinse.

Flintstone65

Thanks to everyone hew joined me in celebrating these fantastic razors on the anniversary of their patent date.

Here is my late in the day contribution.
Ever-Ready 1914 little lather catcher
Meijer branded SS blade 2nd use
Cold water rinse
Cold water lathered Cyril R Salter wild rose
SHD Two band badger in custom handle by me
Cold water rinse.

Truly great photos....I'm embarrassed to post my shave, well that, and PostImage has been cranky and not letting me upload the pic. I'll try to get it in again, but worst case is I'll have to post my pic tomorrow.

Flintstone65

I’m going to have to post the pic the “old fashioned way”. But here it is: an excellent 2-pass shave with my 1914 and a Treet carbon blade; soap was modern Williams and the brush was a custom synth by Jayaruh.
76BC6AC8-42EB-49D7-9C59-FB3432372171.jpeg

I actually used this razor as my daily driver for a week of shaves while on the road for business. Aside from the super strong top cap spring, it is a near-perfect razor for me. Thanks to @GAW9576 for reminding us of this razpr’s patent date!

I ordered a nice Ever-Ready 1914 today. I should have it in a few days. I can't wait. It looks to be in very good shape.
Funny the razor I'm using now is an ATT G1 which is very mild. The 1914 is somewhat aggressive. It will be quite a change. I had one before and I enjoyed it. I should have kept it.
Here is the one I ordered today:

1914.jpg

I ordered a nice Ever-Ready 1914 today. I should have it in a few days. I can't wait. It looks to be in very good shape.
Funny the razor I'm using now is an ATT G1 which is very mild. The 1914 is somewhat aggressive. It will be quite a change. I had one before and I enjoyed it. I should have kept it.
Here is the one I ordered today:

View attachment 1078239

Very nice. Look forward to hearing how you like the re-addition of the 1914 to your den.

I’m going to have to post the pic the “old fashioned way”. But here it is: an excellent 2-pass shave with my 1914 and a Treet carbon blade; soap was modern Williams and the brush was a custom synth by Jayaruh.
View attachment 1078237
I actually used this razor as my daily driver for a week of shaves while on the road for business. Aside from the super strong top cap spring, it is a near-perfect razor for me. Thanks to @GAW9576 for reminding us of this razpr’s patent date!

Thanks for joining in. Be sure to post in the other thread when you get a chance.

Flintstone65

be there with the '48 flying wing.

camo
Excellent choice -- I'm still noodling over which one I'm going with....who else will be joining us? Remember, any American Safety Razor qualifies for Micromatic Monday (aka GEMonday).....all GEM, Ever-Ready, Star and Treet razors are welcome!!!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday Mar 30th 2020, Good morning all. I had to take my Gem jr bar out of the rack for a great shave. The performance of the razor is to my liking for the simple reason it gives me a great shave. I very rarely get cuts with no irritation and no weepers as a rule of thumb and my skin enjoys the results. What is there not to like!

Razor : Gem junior bar - MFG 1907- excellent razor for a daily driver.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (10)
Soap: Taylor of old bond street Sandal wood. One of my favorite scented soaps.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic with black marble handle. Excellent brush!
Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Prorazo red Sandal wood with witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Great shave today!
MMMonday March 30th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!
I once in a while leave information on Gem razors that folks who bought used razors and want to know proper use.
Gem instruction manual (2).jpg Gem procedure (2).jpg Final Gem review Jan21-2019 (2).jpg blade_angle-se-de.gif Blade review Revision #5 Dec14-2018.jpg

Today's shave, with three days growth, not having shaved since Friday:

Prep was a hot shower using PDP63, and Nivia or Men facial scrub/wash on my face.

Micromatic Bullet Tip / GEM (8th)
PDP 63 Shave Soap, Lathered with my 30mm Tuxedo
PDP 63 Shave Balm
PDP 63 EDT

Three passes with the GEM Micromatic, and a little cleanup with my OneBlade Genesis (Also loaded with a GEM). The OneBlade just gets those couple of trouble spots very easily and more comfortably.

Top Bottom